#3 - Dragon in the Myst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #3 - Dragon in the Myst

Hi everyone! I really must thank you for all your help. Here is the 3rd in the series and it's called Dragon in the Myst. It's for a 9 year old boy and this is burned onto a basswood box. I used mostly pointilism (never could spell that one which is why I just like to call it pouncing) using my medium spoon shader, a small skew for original outline as well as creating the wrinkles and then my writing nib for the really small and black dots. Please let me know what you think of the outcome. I was trying to create something he'll treasure for the rest of his life since his Grandmother probably won't survive the year, although wehre there's life, there's hope.

By the way, even though she has commissioned these pieces I won't be accepting payment as this is my way of givi9ng her something special that she can give to her family to last a lifetime.

Linda

Re: #3 - Dragon in the Myst

Looks sharp, never tried that technique before, but I do like the resultsBaby

Comment

Well done! That dragon has a kind face and the mist soften's the impact of coming face to face with him at close range. I am sure the young lad will treasure it always.

Bob
      Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

I really like that style. Well done!

Comment

I Like It !

Something about dragons.

Comment

Nice! I havn't attempted to do a complete pic using the point method. I'm still working on developing more patience.

Comment

Thanks everyone, I really enjoy pointillism and this was a particularly fun project to do.

Linda

Comment

Working...
              X