#10 is Done - Celtic Cross on Paper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #10 is Done - Celtic Cross on Paper

Well #10 is done and I'm ready to ship this group out. The final piece doesn't have to be ready until September when I go out for a visit so I can take a bit more time on it. This was done on 100 lb smooth bristol. I was going to add some colour through watercolour but I decided that I really liked the contrast with the different tones from burning against the white background. Sometimes I need to remind myself not to over-work a piece (I like to keep fiddling with them) so I made myself step away from the burning this time.

Everybody, thank you for letting me share this with you. Your comments and critiques have been really helpful and truly appreciated.

Linda

Re: #10 is Done - Celtic Cross on Paper

Originally posted by Lindy
    Well #10 is done and I'm ready to ship this group out. The final piece doesn't have to be ready until September when I go out for a visit so I can take a bit more time on it. This was done on 100 lb smooth bristol. I was going to add some colour through watercolour but I decided that I really liked the contrast with the different tones from burning against the white background. Sometimes I need to remind myself not to over-work a piece (I like to keep fiddling with them) so I made myself step away from the burning this time.

Everybody, thank you for letting me share this with you. Your comments and critiques have been really helpful and truly appreciated.

Linda
    You did a great job and being the purist that I am, I just love the sepia tones au naturale. I totally agree about overworking and I tell everyone in my classes to stop when they think it's done, set it aside and step away from it. Look at it from time to time and if you notice something jump out fix it, if not, sign your name and call it done!

Nedra

Comment

Re: #10 is Done - Celtic Cross on Paper

Nedra, thanks. As I was doing the burning I thought I was probably going to add some colour, but as I completed it I found that I really liked the contrasts, so left it natural.

I have to admit that most of the time I like leaving them without colour, but every now and then I want something a little extra.

Take care
      Linda

Comment

Working...
      X