A Budding Artist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Budding Artist?

This piece of work is being done by my 10-year old grand daughter for her mother. Although I've helped her make her pattern and showed her how to use my Coldwood all the the work from transferring the pattern to the plaque and the wood burning itself are hers. She's not quite done and I believe that she wants to apply a light stain to the plaque before sealing it but I knew that I wouldn't have a chance to photograph it when it's finished. She was so proud of her accomplishment that it was all I could do to persuade her not to show her Mom before completion. I think that I might have a budding artist on my hands!

Re: A Budding Artist?

I'd have to say she's off to a good start.

Nedra

Comment

Fantastic start and obviously a fantastic Granddad

Comment

Fantastic job!

Comment

Got some great potential there

Comment

i'd be willing to bet this little gal will be quite an artist in a few years sure nuff!! great job

Comment

Very nice start!

Comment

definitely talent there! Good one!
                "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Well done, to both you and your granddaughter! Encouraging her like that is a great way to sow the seeds of an appreciation for art in a young mind. She may in fact, grow up to become an artist, or not, but she will always cherish those memories of her grandfather helping her along the way.

Bob
                  Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Excellent job...and if I could use my imagination/humor, it looks like she burned that on the handle of a disciplinary device my principle had.

Comment

Thanks one and all for your comments. But I can't take all that much credit. Most of it should go to her mama and grandma... They're a very close knit trio! I just fill in now and then!

Comment

Working...
                      X