Hey Stickman-and anyone else for that matter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hey Stickman-and anyone else for that matter

Thank you, thank you. I've put the fore end aside for now, as I am staring at it too much trying to figure out what to do next. Started on the cheek side of the stock. The ducks were traced from the Connecticut duck stamp (2002?), but I intend to change the background from a red covered bridge (not many of those in Michigan) to a beaver flooding.

I guess that since the sanding is done, I can remove the tape...I'm such a loser...

Comment

Treever ,Just got to see all your work and I must say it looks great!

Comment

Some more on the stock...background is only partially done. Beaver dam is very very faint, some trees in the background.

Comment

Treever, that really coming along nicely.What type of burnner do you use?

Comment

Ahhh, my shame is finally uncovered! I'm using a cheap hobby store burner for under $20! I read in a post by Mark that he wired a soldering iron to a dimmer switch, so I did that with my burner to control the heat. Mine had two settings-off and HOT, but the dimmer has made the tool much more useable. It's a piece of crap, and it's cumbersome to hold and use for very long. Once I finish this project I plan to never use that burner again!

Comment

Project completed...at least I'm going to let it sit for a few days and come back to it with a fresh mind.

Comment

well done and so fast .you should have no problem being ready for the season.Nice touch with the lone spent shell on the other side and the feather!!you have created a nice family heirloom.thats pretty cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Treever
                  Ahhh, my shame is finally uncovered! I'm .... plan to never use that burner again!
                  No shame there. Many of us reside in poverty flats. The only thing that holds my house together are the termites locking hands.
                  That's a nice job of burning.I'm anxious to see what effect your finish has on it.

Comment

Working...
                  X