Widgeon Drake Wip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widgeon Drake Wip

Worked on this the last couple of days, completed the primary and secondary burn, added a little color to the bill and eye flash, will add some white to the top of the head and highlights on the eye and bill. Planning on adding some reeds and cat tails around the edge.

Re: Widgeon Drake Wip

Woodie,

Very nice start - that green/teal colour. What type of paint are you using? I look forward to seeing the completed project.

Linda

Comment

Woodless color pencils, I used a light green for a base and then a darker green, used a Q tip to even it out and burned feather detail.

Comment

I like it a lot. I once tried to carve and paint a widgeon...not so good. Couldn't get the colors right. Your burn is excellent.

Comment

Little more work on it. Shaded the eye, shadowing and feather detail, will have to lighten up here and there. Still planning on adding something to the edge of the plate, will see

Comment

That's a quacking good job! You doing that from memory...a picture... or do they actually have ducks over there! I wouldn't think that any self respecting duck would be within a 1000 miles of your current residence! Ha! Ha!

Comment

This is from a pic and a little memory. Can even hear their whistle, bee-beee-beeCheers

We do have ducks around, red heads, canvassbacks, mallards, some teal. They actually migrate north in the heat, don't blame them, I would too

Comment

Re: Widgeon Drake Finished

Here it is, finished it up last night.

Comment

Super cool. Had a chance at some once and blew it! Their whistle is cool, you are right.

Comment

You got to love what the North wind brings you.Cheers

Want to try a relief carving and maybe a duck decoy once I get back, just another hobby to contend with

Comment

Working...
                    X