Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miniature Patterns

Hey
    Wondering if anyone knew how you go about making miniture patterns or where a fellar could get some. I am carving a walking stick and want to put a burning on it. I think it would be a nice touch to go along with the carving.
    Mel

Re: Miniature Patterns

Mel,

What type of stuff did you have in mind?

Comment

If you find something on google you like, you can always preview it and reduce then print?
      "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Mel... Hi-Ho hit it the nail on the head. This past Christmas I made a walking cane for my step-mother and wanted to put a rose on it. I went on line.... downloaded a Victorian Rose, reduced it using the computer to the appropriate size, and then transfered it with some graphic paper to the cane blank. It came out looking real professional like.

Comment

Lindsy
          I was thinking of a mule deer or elk, maybe even a bear. The walking stick does not have too much room for a burning, I have a inch and a half to 2 inches to work with,

Dave and Eddie I thought about the image search, that might be what I have to do. The problem is I need a pencil type drawing so I can see the lines easier.

Thanks everyone
          Mel

Comment

Mel,
            You might try a drawing book. I have a couple of them that have lots of drawings of animals done in pencil that are to teach you how to draw. There are various degrees of drawings in them. Then all you would have to do is reduce the size. You could get one from a craft or art store. I found mine at Hobby Lobby. Just an idea.
            Mary

Comment

MelNM,

mel,
              if ya find something ya want, ill help ya make a small pattern, just email me the pic b&w or color i can reduce it or teach ya how.

thomp

Comment

hi there i have been wood burning into my walking stick for a couble months and it sure adds a lot i put them into my photo editing program then i can make any size i want hope this helps .mark

Comment

Intra view is a free ware program, Although not an editor that you can draw with.
                  use it for resizing and modifying exposure and such its a worthwhile download and has a print out size editor thats second to none, you can resize crop and edit exposure then print to scale, reduce with aspect ratio so image dont go out of whack, all without effecting the original image, unless you save your editing the original is unaffected.

images can be scaled in pixels inches or metric measurements, with a selection of filters and can use adobe filters as well.

found at http://www.irfanview.net/

Comment

Mel... Use the Google Image Search and try tacking on coloring book; art, drawing, B&W or black and white. Also, make sure that you download the IrFanView Program suggested by Thomp. I did and it's one of the easiest and handiest image programs that I have on my computer. I have a full blown copy of Corel Pro Paint and I go to IrFanView. And the beautiful thing about IrFanView is that you can open up any picture, select edge detection, select negative; and then select coloring book and you basically end up with a line drawing of what ever picture or photo that processed.

Comment

Thanks guys I do have a Photo program I'll try your coloring book search in google Eddy.
                      Thanks everyone

Comment

Working...
                      X