The Same But Different

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Same But Different

I surprised myself and had this piece turn out like the 1st one. This is Commissioned for my Barber. It is about 5% smaller than the first one . It just so happened that my piece of wood was smaller. Now again back to Finish Carving the Eagle that I started about 3 times. Merle 1-PICT0001.JPG

I have been going back and forth looking at your two eagles. They are both very well done, I sure wouldn't have a preference. Very impressive!

Comment

Merle, are you sure you didn't just run this through the copier? Another Beauty. I salute you...................Tom
      If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Hi Wayne, For me to do 2 pieces to look the same is RARE, and sure is a surprise to myself. Thanks Wayne for Commenting. Merry Christmas Merle

Comment

Hi Tom , The Daughters is wrapped up and ready for Christmas and this one I took to the Barber this morning for his Approval and I returned without it. He couldn't get the money out of his Cash Drawer fast enough , so That accounts for 2 pieces. He really liked the first one and I was hoping that he would like this one. Thanks for your always kind words and Merry Christmas to you and your Family. Merle
          Merle Rice
          Last edited by Merle Rice; 12-23-2016, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Yup, I like this one as well. As I am letting my hair grow since retirement I do not get the the barber shop anymore. This may make me stop in for just a peek. He must have enough things of yours by now, so if he has run out of room on his wall he can send it to me.
            Burn On,
            Kadiddle

Comment

Two peas in a pod Merle. Fantastic stuff sir. All the best for the holiday season to you and your family.

Tinwood

Comment

Hi Kadiddle, yes he has a lot of my Pieces. He has a Musket and Historic Documents ( Replicas ) on his Wall and feels that this will make a Good Addition . Alot of my Pieces he buys to donate to Charity Auctions. Thank You and Merry Christmas to you and yours. Merle

Comment

Hi Tinwood, Thank you for Commenting and Merry Christmas to you and yours. Merle

Comment

Merle as before I am in awe of this piece. I love the colors they seem to pop right off the wood. Exceptional piece of work. Merry Christmas to you and yours.
                    ~ Dwight
                    "Hello, I am the Friggin' Happiness Fairy and I just sprinkled happy dust on you, so smile damit' this crap is expensive."

Comment

Hi Dwight, Thanks again for your most Kind Words. Merry Christmas right back at you. Merle

Comment

As wonderful as the first!
                        Terry

Comment

Merle, I think someone in Washington DC should be contacting you to do some work for nation's capitol. This carving gives me a very patriot feeling. I really don't know the words to describe it.
                          . . .JoeB

Comment

Hi Terry, Thank you for your Kind Words. Merle

Comment

Hi Joe , I guess you got the same feeling that my Daughter and Barber got when they got theirs and I got a good feeling when I saw them Enjoying something that I made. The Barbers Money was nice but seeing the Enjoyment and Appreciation was very Fulfilling . I'm glad you got a Patriotic feeling from my Bird , he done his Job. Your Kind Words are Appreciated Joe, Thank You. Merle

Comment

Working...
                              X