No announcement yet.

Another Eagle Burnt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Bob, Yep I put them on dry Wood , when finished Coloring I spray on the PolyU. Glad you like my Birds and thanks for your interest. Merle

Comment

Hi Arthur, I find the Pencils give a nice Soft Color. The Daughter thinks so also. I guess another way to Soften the Colors would be to Dilute the Paint. May have to try that. Thanks Arthur. Merle

Comment

Excellent job!

Comment

Merle, all I can say, 'this Eagle is fantastic!
          Oscar

Comment

Hi Carver33, Thanks for Commenting. Merle

Comment

Hi Oscar, Glad you like the Eagle and Thank You for your Kind words. Merle

Comment

Originally posted by Mottles View Post
                Merle, you probably know this but there are two types of colored pencils one is watercolor pencils and the other is oil based pencils. I would think that the oil based pencils would be less likely for the colors to run. I have oil base colored pencils, but haven't used them on wood. I do like the result you got with your Eagle.
                I was at Hobby Lobby today and could not find any oil based pencils. Can you give me a specific brand or link to some?
                Terry

Comment

Hi Nomad: I use Berol Prismacolor and Sanford Prismacolor.....they appear more waxy but do have oil as part of their ingredients. They can be used with turpenoid (orderless turpentine)....There is a colored pencil that is waterbased but I don't think it works that well with wood and woodfinishes. The is also a oil pastel stick (crayon) that works really well with turpentine mostly used for washes of color. Hope this helps

Unlike graphite and charcoal pencils, colored pencils' cores arewax- or oil-based and contain varying proportions of pigments, additives, and binding agents. Water-soluble (watercolor) pencils and pastel pencils are also manufactured as well as colored leads for mechanical pencils. Colored pencil - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colored_pencil

www.dickblick.com Online has a beautiful selection of colored pencils and pricing is pretty good. Any good art store should have these pencils.
                  Last edited by Mottles; 03-03-2017, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mottles View Post
                    Hi Nomad: I use Berol Prismacolor and Sanford Prismacolor.....they appear more waxy but do have oil as part of their ingredients. They can be used with turpenoid (orderless turpentine)....There is a colored pencil that is waterbased but I don't think it works that well with wood and woodfinishes. The is also a oil pastel stick (crayon) that works really well with turpentine mostly used for washes of color. Hope this helps

Unlike graphite and charcoal pencils, colored pencils' cores arewax- or oil-based and contain varying proportions of pigments, additives, and binding agents. Water-soluble (watercolor) pencils and pastel pencils are also manufactured as well as colored leads for mechanical pencils. Colored pencil - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colored_pencil

www.dickblick.com Online has a beautiful selection of colored pencils and pricing is pretty good. Any good art store should have these pencils.
                    Thanks for the great info Kathy! I have some Bruynzeel colored pencils made in Holland that I bought over 20 years ago but I don't know what their composition is. I will try to find it online.
                    Terry

Comment

Hi Terry, I got mine at an Art Store. They are made by " General's " Multichrome coloring Pencils. They can be used on Wood by dipping the Pencil in Turpentine and then mark on Wood ,or Color with a blunt tip on Wood then dip a Paint Brush in Turpentine and then Brush over colored area. Hope this helps , if not let me know. Kathy has good info. on the Pencils also. Merle

Comment

Originally posted by Merle Rice View Post
                        Hi Terry, I got mine at an Art Store. They are made by " General's " Multichrome coloring Pencils. They can be used on Wood by dipping the Pencil in Turpentine and then mark on Wood ,or Color with a blunt tip on Wood then dip a Paint Brush in Turpentine and then Brush over colored area. Hope this helps , if not let me know. Kathy has good info. on the Pencils also. Merle
                        Thanks bunches Merle! That sounds really cool. I have to try this!
                        Terry

Comment

Mam oh man, new arrow for the quiver
                          . . .JoeB

Comment

Hi Terry, Your Quite Welcome if I was able to help. Merle

Comment

Hi Joe, Ha,Ha, Get all the Arrows that you can get , you might loose a few by making a Bad Shot. Merle

Comment

Very nice work Merle.

Comment

Working...
                                X