X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Frank, thanks for commenting. Merle

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad View Post

Thanks for the great info Kathy! I have some Bruynzeel colored pencils made in Holland that I bought over 20 years ago but I don't know what their composition is. I will try to find it online.
      You Welcome, Nomad (Terry) Maybe you can research the colored pencils you have they just might be wax and oil based.

Comment

Very cool Eagle, a collectors item for daughter!
        Before they slip me over the sanding part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "up spirits" one more time.

Comment

Hi Bob, Yes she has it Hung alongside the one she got for Christmas , she has quite a few pieces . Thank you for Commenting. Merle

Comment

Originally posted by Merle Rice View Post
            Hi Kathy, the Daughters thought the last one was to Bright and this one suted my Youngest so it's hers and it goes with the one she got for Christmas. The Colored Pencils worked out nice ,you must use Spray Poly U and not Wipe On, I used Wipe On once and it wiped most of the Color off. Thanks Kathy for your Encouraging Words. Merle
            This is really fine work Merle. It's clean and crisp.
            I completely agree with the spray on finish when using these types of coloured crayons. When I first used them years ago I used wipe on poly and remember it well. What a mess it was.
            Lesson learned. Lol
            Last edited by Spiritwolfe; 03-10-2017, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Hi Nikki, where have you been ?? haven't seen you ing for awhile, hope everything is OK. I see you did what I did with wipe on Poly , lesson well learned . Thank You for your encouraging words. Merle

Comment

another nice piece Merle. I have never been able to get those clean lines with a burner. I ind up with hot spots. I know it is my heat setting but I have trouble finding that balance between not hot enough and to hot.

Comment

Hi Randy, When finding the right Heat Setting on making Lines I use a Skew and if it shows Scorch marks along side of the line it's to Hot. It also depends on the Speed that move the Burner. Thanks for Commenting. Merle

Comment

Hey Merle, glad to see you're still at it and doing your usual wonderful work, hope all is well, Take care my friend

Comment

Hi Dan, I was wondering how you were doing and hope Good. Yes I'm still making Chips My Shop sure looks like it. How about you ,are you still using your Imagination in that Hard Walnut Wood that you always use?? Glad to hear from you Dan and hope everything is going Well. Merle

Comment

Hi Merle, That is such a wonderful piece. Would you mind if I used your eagle and tried to do one for my hubby? I know it won't be as good, but I'd like to give it a go.

Comment

Hi Joyce, Thank you for liking my Bird enough to want to make one. You sure can do your thing and I'm sure you will do it Justice . Would like to see it when you finish if you don't mind. Have fun doing it, I did. Merle

Comment

Working...
                          X