Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Joyce, Thank you for liking my Bird enough to want to make one. You sure can do your thing and I'm sure you will do it Justice . Would like to see it when you finish if you don't mind. Have fun doing it, I did. Merle

Leave a comment:

• Joyce2011
    replied
    Hi Merle, That is such a wonderful piece. Would you mind if I used your eagle and tried to do one for my hubby? I know it won't be as good, but I'd like to give it a go.

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Dan, I was wondering how you were doing and hope Good. Yes I'm still making Chips My Shop sure looks like it. How about you ,are you still using your Imagination in that Hard Walnut Wood that you always use?? Glad to hear from you Dan and hope everything is going Well. Merle

Leave a comment:

• Dan Wegiel
    replied
    Hey Merle, glad to see you're still at it and doing your usual wonderful work, hope all is well, Take care my friend

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Randy, When finding the right Heat Setting on making Lines I use a Skew and if it shows Scorch marks along side of the line it's to Hot. It also depends on the Speed that move the Burner. Thanks for Commenting. Merle

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    replied
    another nice piece Merle. I have never been able to get those clean lines with a burner. I ind up with hot spots. I know it is my heat setting but I have trouble finding that balance between not hot enough and to hot.

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Nikki, where have you been ?? haven't seen you ing for awhile, hope everything is OK. I see you did what I did with wipe on Poly , lesson well learned . Thank You for your encouraging words. Merle

Leave a comment:

• Spiritwolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by Merle Rice View Post
    Hi Kathy, the Daughters thought the last one was to Bright and this one suted my Youngest so it's hers and it goes with the one she got for Christmas. The Colored Pencils worked out nice ,you must use Spray Poly U and not Wipe On, I used Wipe On once and it wiped most of the Color off. Thanks Kathy for your Encouraging Words. Merle
    This is really fine work Merle. It's clean and crisp.
    I completely agree with the spray on finish when using these types of coloured crayons. When I first used them years ago I used wipe on poly and remember it well. What a mess it was.
    Lesson learned. Lol
    Last edited by Spiritwolfe; 03-10-2017, 02:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Bob, Yes she has it Hung alongside the one she got for Christmas , she has quite a few pieces . Thank you for Commenting. Merle

Leave a comment:

• squbrigg
    replied
    Very cool Eagle, a collectors item for daughter!

Leave a comment:

• Mottles
    replied
    Originally posted by Nomad View Post

Thanks for the great info Kathy! I have some Bruynzeel colored pencils made in Holland that I bought over 20 years ago but I don't know what their composition is. I will try to find it online.
    You Welcome, Nomad (Terry) Maybe you can research the colored pencils you have they just might be wax and oil based.

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Frank, thanks for commenting. Merle

Leave a comment:

• frankj
    replied
    Very nice work Merle.

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Joe, Ha,Ha, Get all the Arrows that you can get , you might loose a few by making a Bad Shot. Merle

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Terry, Your Quite Welcome if I was able to help. Merle

Leave a comment:

Working...
X