Best Beginner books?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Beginner books?

Okay I'm just looking at books there quite a few I can get from the library some probably going to get them all but what books would you recommend for beginning pyro mainly I need to know what tips to use for what type of lines and how to get shading etc there's some good stuff on YouTube but you never know if you could pick something up from a good book. Also what books are about the same? I requested the woodburn book with that wolf on cover but couldn't get to library on time. Is it worth trying to get it or will another book cover it.

Hi and Welcome, any of the books by 'Lora Irish' are great! Take a look at this one https://www.amazon.com/dp/1565232879/ref=rdr_ext_tmb
    Last edited by Mottles; 05-01-2017, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Start with the Lora Irish free tutorials. https://www.lsirish.com/tutorials/wo...ing-tutorials/ Take notes, there is way too much info to absorb on the first or second reads.

Comment

Great. That's one of the books I'm requesting. Thanks

Comment

Hi Pyro, I agree with what the others said about Lora S. Irish Books , they are Great for starting and any level that you go to. I also have Sue Walters Books and feel the same about them. They both give you Patterns and show you how to do them, I give them both EXCELLENT for Pyrography learning and Future Reference of Projects. You might say I like them both., Money well spent, I still use them. Merle

Comment

This is an on line resource, The Art of Wood Burning with Patty Rucker:
            http://www.tristatecarvers.com

Comment

Lora Irish's book, Pyrography Basics, I purchased this book
              for my Ten year old Grand Daughter, and I love it!
              Oscar

Comment

I have no interest at all in pyrography.
                #1. All the same, I agree that Lora Irish is the leader.
                #2. I have watched pyrographic artists ($300 - $1,000 each sale ) do their thing. You get what you pay for in terms of burners and tips.
                Brian T

Comment

I have no doubt Ms. Irishi is good, but I believe the best book I have seen is by Sue Walters. I believe it is just called Pyrography, or something like that. It is written very well, has patterns, and also gives you tips on many forms of use of the burner to make the kind of shading you need for projects.

Just my .02.

Comment

Just looked. Sue Walters is really good. Being "down undah" may be why we don't hear as much from her.
                    Plus, she's announced that she's closing her North American online store.
                    However, as a good writer, worth reading.

I see that she uses the Razertip pyro system, a Canadian product line, reworked for 220VAC.
                    Razertip seems as good as claimed, the wood shop down my street has a pair of the double pen systems with all the pens and all the points.
                    Brian T

Comment

Working...
                    X