make your own nibs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• make your own nibs?

Nichrome wire is pretty cheap. How did you make your own nibs. Size wire etc? Seems pretty simple.

I don't remember the wire size, but I bought it from Colwood several years ago when I made a custom signature logo.

Comment

I'm wondering if you can use the same " holder and exchange out just the wire.

Comment

I bought extra handles. It has been quite awhile, since I owned that unit, not sure on how easy it would be to change out the wire.

Comment

A lady at our club does that. I don't know the brand, but the pens have screw terminals to clamp the wire ends.

Comment

Hi Pyro
            The only pen I know of that you can make your own tips easily is a razorzip interchangeable pen,check out their web site www.razorzip.com
            One of the carvers in our club is making his own tips for feathers and scales, he is using one of those pens
            Bruce

Comment

Try this link: www.razertip.com They are in Saskatoon, SK.
              The rustic furniture shop down my street runs two sets of double pen units and every possible tip that Razertip makes.

Comment

There is a company down in Louisana that makes a similar pen with the screws, I cannot remember their name though.
                Larry

Comment

I make my wood burning tips from wire from old small heaters found at reuse stores or garage sales bent and hammered to shape and then sharpened. I also make my own pens check out my previous post under GWC wood burning pens it also gives a site called fish carver.com
                  "A knifeless man is a lifeless man"&&-old Nordic proverb

Comment

Working...
                  X