• Show
Clear All

• What is the best wood burning unit?

1) Colwood;
    2) Razertip;
    3) Burn Master

Hi Doc., I prefer Colwood, Merle

Comment

I would say they are pretty much the same from what my friends that have others say. I have a colewood I like. If you do a lot of fish and want to burn scales, razertip has more scale pens available, also more feather former's. the accessories are the only real difference I can see.

Comment

Hi Doc T
        I prefer my home built burner that uses colwood tips or razerzip pens, by using an adapter, easy to build
        Bruce
        Last edited by scotia carver; 05-08-2018, 02:51 PM.

Comment

I do professional pyrography and use an Optima. The technology behind most burners is the same, and the thing to look for is tip availability and options.
          Bill
          Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

Carved bone and antlers have a lot of pyro to model the features. Mostly sold from $300.00 to $1,000.00 apiece.
            The RazerTip units look to have a very wide range of tip shapes which they do repair. Warranty and service look good too.
            Nothing that I want to do except watch the wizards working down my street.

Comment

I did research and not practical yet. Ended up buying the Burnmaster have not received it yet. Razortip sounded good but heat issues and some other things have made me reconsider. Really wanted to buy a Nibsburner but could not find the dual pen one available. Looked at the TRUart stage 2 but could find nothing about as far as reviews. When I get the unit I will update my first impressions of the Burnmaster and the removable tips.

Comment

Working...
              X