No announcement yet.

Gotter done~my Lichtenberg Burner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the woodturning community there have been several deaths reported in the last year or so. The American Association of Woodturning has banned all discussions, and discourage abot them.

Comment

Dave~thanks for the warning, plan on be careful, why not -Not to worry Neb. would be too long of a drive anyway

Denny~From what I've seen quite pricy, Especially, if additional work of 2-part epoxy, coloring, and Luminous effects are added.

Believe me, I don't take all the warnings lightly, thanks for the concern-sparky hee hee
      . . .JoeB

Comment

may i assume that if you throw the switch and let the burn take care if itself , then you are safe, standing aside to it. ? i think it would not be safe if you were tempted to try to steer the burn by brushing on solution while burning , or trying to position the probes while under current. so , switch it off while repositioning, and stand aside, simple as that.
        i think that those that got hurt were doing something totally wrong with their hands meantime.
        Denny

photos at........ http://wiscoden.jimdo.com/

Comment

Back in the tube days, the high voltage section of a ham radio transmitter final might run 3,000 to 10,000 volts.
          There were stories of hams lighting up their rig then poking around in it with a pencil. The juice runs up the pencil lead.

Set up the burn, plug this in, turn it on and stand back. Eat a sandwich and watch. Pull the plug to be safe.
          Brian T

Comment

Well, that is kind of the plan, waiting for gloves to get here---today?. Got the cart built to move it around on.

Thanks for the reminder of how deadly it can be.
            . . .JoeB

Comment

youve already got an excellant one on your first crack at it. you are gonna be happy with more , probably even be able to sell some of those !
              im still thinking of a lightning struck standing grizzly carving ........just sayin'
              Denny

Comment

Is that just in your mind's eye, or have you seen such a sketch?
                Last edited by joepaulbutler; 02-07-2019, 02:27 AM.
                . . .JoeB

Comment

That is beyond amazing--both the work and the fact you figured out how to do it! I'll be very interested to see how the table turns out! Good luck and be safe.

Comment

Well, thank you. Went to a mill shop yesterday and picked up some end-cuts and scrap pieces of wood to practice on. But first got to Pam's Valentine carving started and finished. Got another piece coming for the flocker that I'm going to build to do the flock of Dustburr.
                    . . .JoeB

Comment

youre on a roll Joe ! im happy to watch as it develops/. you mention a valentine, hmmm, how about instead of fractal in simple square boards, you cut them like valentine shape, or any other identifiable shape and then fractal that ones? itd double the eye candy value.
                      Denny

Comment

Denny, going with a more traditional carving, two hands holding two hearts
                        . . .JoeB

Comment

of course you would do a great one for a valentine gift. i was mentioning shapes just for the practice boards though. thinking generic shapes would add to the practice piece.
                          Denny

Comment

Oh heck Denny, I have trouble getting to sleep thinking about things to try. one of them would be to try and do the staff of one of the canes I've carved. Oh man there is an unlimited number of possibilities
                            . . .JoeB

Comment

You The Man To Do It !!!
                              Denny

Comment

We'll have to wait and see
                                . . .JoeB

Comment

Working...
                                X