Pyro Clock with Mandala

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nydia Davila View Post
    Remarkable work! You should start a youtube channel with tips and technique.

What kind of tips/hand pieces do you use for the line work?
    Thank you! I use the Colwood Detailer with the smallest ball tip. For the shading I use the small shader, 45 degrees bent. Sorry, I don't know the actual names/numbers of the tips. Great burner. I use the replacable tips. Never had an issue
    Last edited by Scrollcrazy; 12-23-2019, 10:45 PM.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls... Pablo Picasso
    Becky

Comment

What a stunning effort. Fantastic. Just love it.

Comment

That is very very beautiful work!

Comment

Wonderful piece of precision work. Truly outstanding. Well done!!!!!

Comment

How do you keep your circles burned so steadily? do you use a curve or something or is it all free hand? I can never get my circles traced neatly, let alone burned neatly. I realize you probably draw the circle directly on the wood (which avoids tracing issues), but the burning is so steady! How do you do it???

Great work! They look really inspiring!

Comment

Originally posted by lmluchsinger View Post
              How do you keep your circles burned so steadily? do you use a curve or something or is it all free hand? I can never get my circles traced neatly, let alone burned neatly. I realize you probably draw the circle directly on the wood (which avoids tracing issues), but the burning is so steady! How do you do it???

Great work! They look really inspiring!
              So sorry it has taken me so long to respond! My tools of choice are a pencil, ruler, compass and a protractor. you are correct. I draw directly on the wood. I find the middle, start with a dot and use the protractor to make evenly spaced marks in a circle from the center dot. Then, I use the ruler to make a grid attaching those marks to the center dot. I use the compass to make circles in that grid --- always from the center dot. I hope that makes some sense. I would never be able to get anything even without this process! Yes, I cheat lol!!
              The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls... Pablo Picasso
              Becky

Comment

This isn't the best photo but, Here is a work in progress. It shows the grid and I am starting to draw the mandala/design.
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.
                Becky

Comment

I bet you had fun in geometry class
                  . . .JoeB

Comment

Working...
                  X