Purple Pyro Clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purple Pyro Clock

I just finished this clock for my daughter, Stephanie BurningMadness. Purple is her color. 18 inches in diameter, hand drawn mandala, wood burned, and poured with epoxy resin with lots of glitter Letting the resin cure so I can put the clock works in place. Thanks for looking!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.
    Last edited by Scrollcrazy; 09-28-2019, 11:18 AM.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls... Pablo Picasso
    Becky

Hi Becky , your work is still hard to believe . I never thought anyone could be that Exact with Wood Burning . Beautiful Job , enjoy seeing your Pieces . Merle

Comment

I have only one thing to say WOW. As Merle said "your work is still hard to believe. I never thought anyone could be that Exact with Wood Burning" A true talent!
      . . .JoeB

Comment

Superb pyrography, Becky. Certainly, a nice piece to be proud of and she will definitely appreciate it...perfect heirloom. Is it pine?
        Bill
        Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

Hi Bill. I used maple plywood for this piece. Birch and maple are my preferences.
          The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls... Pablo Picasso
          Becky

Comment

Fine Becky and never burned, nor heard of maple plywood. Sure have done my share on birch though. Italian poplar and birch were my favorites. Is maple common where you are?
            Bill

Comment

Nicely done, Becky! I particularly like the delicate purple shading. Quite an intricate pattern, and well executed.
              Arthur

Comment

Originally posted by woodburner807 View Post
                Fine Becky and never burned, nor heard of maple plywood. Sure have done my share on birch though. Italian poplar and birch were my favorites. Is maple common where you are?
                Maple ply is not that easy to find. I can find it at one of the big box stores sometimes. I like it because it's so light in color. I almost like the texture of birch better tho. Seems to be a little bit tighter grain. Still up in the air about that.
                Becky

Comment

Thanks Becky and my pyro years were several years ago and not familiar with what is available today. However, I'm not located within the range of any "big box" stores. When I had the newsletter a know one lady who did burn on maple and did wonderful work. I can see where it would be nice to burn though. Regardless, you have done very nice work. Very nice. Congrats...
                  Bill

Comment

VERY nice Becky!

Tinwood

Comment

This is beautiful too, you work is stunning.

Shawna

Comment

Have you considered selling your patterns? I would be interested.

Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hineps View Post
                          Have you considered selling your patterns? I would be interested.

Phil
                          Hi Phil. Since I've been burning, I've been drawing directly on the wood. But, I have tons of drawings on paper done with micron markers. I'll have to talk to my 'tech' person- my daughter- to see how to get them digital. as most of them are larger than A4 paper. Thanks for asking! You have me thinking seriously about this. I'll let you know...
                          Becky

Comment

definitely worth all the hours put into it. what is it colored with? oil? water? pen?
                            Denny

photos at........ http://wiscoden.jimdo.com/

Comment

Originally posted by drhandrich View Post
                              definitely worth all the hours put into it. what is it colored with? oil? water? pen?
                              Thanks Denny. I use colored pencils. Prismacolor and Faber-Castell. They're subtle so the grain still shows thru.
                              Becky

Comment

Working...
                              X