Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drhandrich
    replied
    thanks tinwood. im gonna post a half dozen of some of the woodburns i have done. in the pyrography section.

Leave a comment:

• Tinwood
    replied
    That's really nice Denny.

Tinwood

Leave a comment:

• Scrollcrazy
    replied
    Aw. Thanks for the shout out Denny! This looks really good. You should've seen my first portrait.... awful... Good job! Keep it up.

Leave a comment:

• drhandrich
    replied
    thanks merle, later on i will post a couple more woodburnings. one thing i had done with a couple of them was to lightly color in some areas or details, with the colored felt tip pens. great for adding color to ducks and such.

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Denny , you have been holding out on us with your Skill with the Wood Burning . Sounds like you got it down to a Science . You sure didn't look like a beginner . Great Pieces . Merle

Leave a comment:

• woodburner807
    replied
    Thanks, Denny and you sure have tried more burning systems than I have. Good experience and broad knowledge there. I started with an Optima and still use it...it does a nice job. However, I'm trying to get out of the business and don't use it much anymore. Consumed by desires for carving. I could incorporate buring into those pieces...maybe in the future?

Keep up the fine work!

Leave a comment:

• drhandrich
    replied
    IMG_0001.jpg here is a sample of one i had done 24 years ago on scrapwood , with the detail master. zoom in for detail.

Leave a comment:

• drhandrich
    replied
    for twenty or more years i had a saber detail master, each was a "fixed" pen. and i loved it most of all, gave it to my son when i got the urge to try out a razortip. i bought most of the tips as the replaceable type, the wire legs fit underneath anchor screws. and i also love to experiment with a wide variety of tips, which made the razortip cumbersome, so i bought into the colwood along with the replaceable ends/tips. plugging in an end is more faster and secure with the colwood, in my opinion. although the razortip allows you to use their wire and form your own favorite shaped tip. in a nutshell, i like the fixed pen first, the end that plugs in second, and the wire only that anchors below screws, thirdly.

Leave a comment:

• woodburner807
    replied
    Curious what type of burner you are using, Denny?

Leave a comment:

• drhandrich
    replied
    Thanks Merle. I need more practice with the spoon shaped tip or even the spear shape, i have better luck swiping with the knife shaped tip.

Leave a comment:

• drhandrich
    replied
    if youre doing an edge shading inward, the edge then gets a bit of the hotter heat, which defines the edge , then the sideways sweep of the tip loses heat which creates a gradient, the width of which is dependent on the speed of travel and length of stroke.
    otherwise if that first burst of heat would leave too much dark, then suck the heat off by wiping the tip on a scrap piece then immediately applying the stroke to the work

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Denny , WOW! you have developed a nice touch with your Hot Pen , no Hot Spots when you first touch the Wood and that's hard to accomplish at first . Stay with it you are on to something that you will enjoy . Merle

Leave a comment:

• woodburner807
    replied
    I know this lady and she is top in the craft of pyrography. When I started my "Applied Pygrography" newsletter she had some articles and got to know here via that. Anyway, check her work out: https://danettesmithpyro.weebly.com/

Leave a comment:

• drhandrich
    replied
    thanks woodburner and rontana. i did now look on youtube at some others techniques.... i got a lot to learn yet.

Leave a comment:

• Rontana
    replied
    That's really well done. Very good likeness

Leave a comment:

Working...
X