To Hard to Carve , so I Burnt it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Hard to Carve , so I Burnt it

7 1/2" x 6 1/2" x 5/8" , Mahogany , Finished with Poly U only . This is the Piece that I was going to Carve but was to hard for my Tools so. I Split it and decided to see what it would look like Burned . I found that a lot of my Shading Disappeared after using Poly U . Good Dust Collectors for the Daughters . Merle IMG_0003.JPGIMG_0005.JPG

Looks great, Merle. I admire your patience with burning all those feathers.

Comment

Another great set of wings Merle.
      We live in the land of the free because of the brave!
      https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

Nice design, great job.

Comment

Hi Ron , I had to do the Pattern 3 times . 1st was to burn thru the Pattern ,then after Sanding off the Glue residue that removed some of the Pattern , and then after I missed some of the Glue . The Wood was to nice to Scrap and if the Burning didn't turn out good the Wood would still look good , Win ,Win situation . Thanks for commenting . Merle

Comment

Hi Randy , That's enough Wings for awhile . Thanks Randy . Merle

Comment

Hi Bob , thank you for commenting ........ Merle

Comment

A very nice piece and fine pyrography, Merle.
                Bill
                Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

Hey Merle, what type of printer do you have, if it is an ink-jet, I might have a suggestion to help with those pattern transfers∙∙∙∙Great looking wings
                  . . .JoeB

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Hi 807, my Wood Burning is just Basic and no Clean up after . Thanks for your Kind Words . Merle

Comment

Hi Joe , my Printer is HP ,Envoy , 5540 , don't know if it is a Jet Printer or not . Thanks Joe . Merle

Comment

Hi Christ , thanks for commenting .... Merle

Comment

Yupo Paper L21-YUP197W912 White Sheets, 9" x 12", 10 count

If your interested, I got this from Amazon, With it you will able to print and image, turn the inked side down and rub your image off on the wood, I always set my printer setting for"best quality" & "darkest". The paper will have to be trimmed down to fit your printer, & once you get your image transferred, you can wipe the paper with alcohol & even though it leaves a little stain It can be used again. Maybe another arrow for the quiver?
                            . . .JoeB

Comment

Hi Joe , never heard of this Paper , sounds good , will check it out . Thanks Joe . Merle

Comment

Working...
                              X