Just Relaxing and Fulling Around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Relaxing and Fulling Around

IMG_0004-001.JPG 6" x10" x 3/4 " , Basswood . Got out the Hot Pen and just tried different ways to do my Eagle . Burnt the Outlines Deep and then Painted him all Black except the Beak . Dry Brushed with Acrylic Paint and Satin Poly U . My Paint is Translucent except the White and that's Opaque . I changed the Paint Design and did what I thought would be interesting . Got a Good Surprise the way it turned out .
    Needed to get away from Walnut Sawdust and Chips for awhile . Merle

Looking good, I like the lighter effect around the head and feet.

Comment

Hi Sappy , The Reverse Antiquing is a very rewarding Idea and Easy . Easy is up my Alley . Ha,Ha. It was a Fun Project to just try and do what you felt like doing . Thank You for Commenting . Merle

Comment

Good looking bird Merle, when you say "Reverse Antiquing" That is referring to painting black then using the "Translucent" paints, letting the black show through...kind of.
        . . .JoeB

Comment

An attractive piece with nice composition...looks like it is coming at you, Merle. I like it.
          Bill
          Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

Hi Joe , yep that's it . Instead of Painting and then Antiquing , put the Antiquing on first then Paint . It isn't necessary have Translucent Paint , it's just the Kind that I use . Dry Brushing is when you put Paint n your Brush and then take most of it off on a surface before putting it on you Project . You don't want to get Paint it the Lines that you Burn Deep ,( Out Lines .) In the Picture I only have 1 coat of Poly U , I now have 3 coats on and just looked at and each Feather and Burnt section has risen up and separate from each other , Amazing . The Poly U doesn't fill up the Burnt Lines and make it smooth . How about that Dumb Luck . Thanks for your Interest Buddy . Merle

Comment

Hi 807 , That's the look that I was going for , thanks for Pointing that out . I learned a few things by relaxing and Fulling Around . Can't teach an Old Dog new Tricks , I don't think so . Ha,Ha. Thank you for Commenting . Merle

Comment

Now that is one set of talons Merle. Must be the last thing a salmon seed before he becomes dinner.
                If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Hi Tom , Some People Call them Talons but I call them Toe Nails . Ha,Ha. I used a Tooth Pick to put the White Paint on them . This is the same way the little Hawk was painted . All Black then Dry Brushed . That is so easy . Thanks for your Input . Merle

Comment

Great looking eagle, Merle!

Claude
                    My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/

My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/

My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Great work as usual Merle I think you nailed it .

Comment

Well done Merle. Reminds me of some emblems I have seen on pictures of WWII plains. Nice pen work and paint.

Comment

Hi Glenn , It's nice to Relax and let your Imagination Work and try different things and then have nice results . Sounds like you have yours working now . Thanks for Commenting . Merle

Comment

Working...
                          X