X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Merle Rice

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi 4ND3R5 , it looks like you have 2 that will be receiving your Pieces in the Future to Cherish in their Lifetime . Thank You for Commenting . Merle

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Joe , they are not allowed to play with them , just put things that they want to keep and not loose . Maybe teach them to take care of something and not to break it . Thanks Joe for your Kind Words . Merle

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Glenn , good thinking , your Dad will guide you right . Merle

Leave a comment:

• 4ND3R5
    Western Washington

• 4ND3R5
    replied
    Great job, I’m sure your great grand daughter will treasure it and pass it down to her children.

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Merle, truly an amazing, colorful piece of work, this will be around for a long time!

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Jennings

• Glenn Jennings
    replied
    Thanks for the heads up on the follow rest Merle. My dad has done a degree in wood turning so I will consult with him on it. Many thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Arthur , This is for # 7 of 5 Brothers and 1 Sister . If I remember right she will be Tying you in Family Making . The Grand Daughter said this is the last one , the Boys were no problems but the Girls make her Sick a lot . Thanks for showing your interest . Merle

Leave a comment:

• Arthur C.
    Senior Member Louisiana

• Arthur C.
    replied
    Well done, Merle. Nice coloring as usual.

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Mark , Thank You for your Kind Words , have a Nice and Safe 4 th. Merle

Leave a comment:

• Mark N. Akers

• Mark N. Akers
    replied
    Merle what a beautiful job and such a keepsake.

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Glenn , with a Piece as long as the Stick I think you will need a Follow Rest . If you don't know what that is , it is a Fixture that follows along on the Opposite Side of where you are cutting . It stabilizes the Long Piece and keeps it from Flying out of the Lathe and probably right at you . Be careful . Merle

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Jennings

• Glenn Jennings
    replied
    Hi Merle
    The stick will be getting a bit done on it in the next 2-3 days. Want to do a dummy run on another project on the lathe before I getinto that 37 piece blanks thaty took a long time to put together. Will only get one shot at it so want to get it right.

I agree about the subtle look it is entirely suitable to the project. Nice one buddy.

Leave a comment:

• woodburner807
    Senior

• woodburner807
    replied
    I know Sue and she does amazing pyrography, and I'm always in awe. Total excellence. I still dabble a bit in the pyrography but am now focused on carving.

Sounds like you have a great selection process, Merle...better than mine. I just use the web mostly.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi 807 , I first decide who it's for , a Boy or Girl , then I start looking thru my Books for Pictures that I think would be good for a Boy or Girl . This Picture of a Cardinal I got from an Old Calendar that had different Birds . When I see a Picture that I like I File it away for maybe use at a later time . A lot of my Ideas come from Lora Irish and Sue Walters Woodburning Books , they are Great Books . Your gona need to get your Hot Penn out and get back into Woodburning again , it Relaxes me . Thank You for showing your Interest , it is Appreciated . Merle

Leave a comment:

• woodburner807
    Senior

• woodburner807
    replied
    Very nicely done, Merle, and what drives your selection of images to burn? Seems like everyone you do is excellent and a fantastic idea.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X