Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Deer

Kathy,
    It is beautiful!! I love the movement and the way you showed it! Simple and perfectly suiting the piece of wood, showing your artistic abilities. Just great.

Fred

Comment

Kathy .. Beautiful work ... The running Dear are superb the way you did them .. Showing the muscles and the strength of the run ..

absolutely beautiful ..

gene

Comment

Kathy, that is an absolutely magnificent piece of art. It would be extremely difficult for me to give it up had I carved it and I usually lose interest in a piece once it is finished.

The way you placed the deer on the wood makes it look like hills and mountains in the background. Great work!

Comment

Ice Cream teeburn, Fred, gene & Paul
          Thank you, for taking the time to look and comment, I'm really humbled by everyones compliments on this piece. As happens on rare occassions something I'm working on seems to fall into place and comes out right. LOL
          Ice Cream Thank YOU again,
          Kathy

Comment

Wow Kathy, I like what you did with it, your friend should be tickled, when he recieves it, I know I would be.
            Beautifully done buddy
            Mel

Comment

Hi Mel, Thank you, my client will be coming over tomorrow morning to look at it. I'm a little anxious as I never know just how to charge for my woodcarvings. Everyone is looking for a bargain! LOL
              Pals,
              Kathy

Comment

Update:
                Thumbs Up My client picked up the deer day before yesterday (Tuesday) and was thrilled. I got a call from his wife who was thrilled with her Birthday present and wants more. They are redesigning their home interior and wants all rustic furnishings and art work.
                Thanks again, everyone for your compliments on this piece.
                Kathy

Comment

Kathy that is just great news. I'm sure you're on cloud 9 right now and as you should be.

Nedra

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrographer
                    Kathy that is just great news. I'm sure you're on cloud 9 right now and as you should be.

Nedra
                    Ice Cream Thank you, Nedra and yes I'm excited I love commissions that give you artistic license.
                    Kathy
                    </IMG>

Comment

Very nice, Kathy. I'm curious, was it difficult to burn on a piece of drift wood?

Comment

Hello Pol, thank you for your compliment very much appreciated.
                        Yes and No, it really depends on if there are furrows running across the direction you need to burn that will grab and hold your woodburning pencil. This particular piece was pretty smooth without much in the way of furrowing and pitting to get in the way of my lines.
                        Hope this helps,
                        Kathy

Comment

Never seen this one either Kathy, way cool!

Corey

Comment

Hey, thanks Corey this was a commission I actually got paid for doing. LOL
                            Kathy

Comment

Hi Kathy,

I'm so glad Pol resurrected this thread. I don't usually go back through old postings and now I'm wondering about what I'm missing.

I'm very impressed with this piece. Your use of the wood is perfect and indeed breathes new life into it. Buffing down to the unweathed wood below the gray, weathered surface gives the deer such a vibrant color. Great work.
                              Ron T.
                              http://stickcarving.webs.com/

Comment

Hi Ron T, thank you, what a nice compliment very much appreciated. I knew if the wood was grayed on top then the underwood would be a good contrast for the deer. The golden under wood in contrast to the grayed outer wood just mocked the deer color.
                                Thanks again,
                                Kathy

Comment

Working...
                                X