• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    MelNM

• MelNM
    replied
    Re: Deer

Wow Kathy, I like what you did with it, your friend should be tickled, when he recieves it, I know I would be.
    Beautifully done buddy
    Mel

Leave a comment:

• Mottles
    replied

Ice Cream teeburn, Fred, gene & Paul
    Thank you, for taking the time to look and comment, I'm really humbled by everyones compliments on this piece. As happens on rare occassions something I'm working on seems to fall into place and comes out right. LOL
    Ice Cream Thank YOU again,
    Kathy

Leave a comment:

• Paul_Guraedy
    Historian Observing Life

• Paul_Guraedy
    replied

Kathy, that is an absolutely magnificent piece of art. It would be extremely difficult for me to give it up had I carved it and I usually lose interest in a piece once it is finished.

The way you placed the deer on the wood makes it look like hills and mountains in the background. Great work!

Leave a comment:

• gene-messer

• gene-messer
    replied

Kathy .. Beautiful work ... The running Dear are superb the way you did them .. Showing the muscles and the strength of the run ..

absolutely beautiful ..

gene

Leave a comment:

• Fred Zavadil

• Fred Zavadil
    replied

Kathy,
    It is beautiful!! I love the movement and the way you showed it! Simple and perfectly suiting the piece of wood, showing your artistic abilities. Just great.

Fred

Leave a comment:

• teeburn

• teeburn
    replied

Kathy, I also really like the colouring you achieved through the wood and the burning very nice. Also thought the bullet hole was interesting. I am sure the client will love it as much as we all did. Really like and appreciate your work. As was said before it is very inspiring. Will be watching for more of your work.

Leave a comment:

• Mottles
    replied

Bonnie, Lindy, Hollis, Bobb, Joy, GaryMc, Kenny
    Ice Cream Thank you all, for looking and responding with such heart warming comments. I sure hope my client friend likes it as much as you all. I have created other work for him only in the form of a oil painting of their Search & Rescue dogs--all three of the dogs posed together. They were so pleased used a photo of the painting on their Christmas cards and jam label last year.
    Ice Cream Well, again THANK YOU,
    Kathy

Leave a comment:

• Kenny_S
    Senior Moment

• Kenny_S
    replied

Kathy, Ya just keep on amazing us with your talent. AWESOME!

Leave a comment:

• GaryMc

• GaryMc
    replied

Kathy, What a wonderful piece of art. I love the way you left some of the grey in the deer themselves. This is a piece you can be very proud of and I know the new owners will love it!
    GaryMc

Leave a comment:

• Joy

• Joy
    replied

A gorgeous combination of wood and pattern and skill. Way to go, Kathy!

Leave a comment:

• squbrigg
    Super Moderator

• squbrigg
    replied

Beautiful piece of burning! Great sense of movement and energy in the scene.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Hollis Mckinley

• Hollis Mckinley
    replied

Mottles, great work and a fine piece of art for anyone's collection!

I'm into a walking stick out of huckleberry. Monkey holding both ends of the stick together. Putting all his little hair on with pyro. I like to combine the two, carving and pyrography. Semper Fi! pogerope

Leave a comment:

• Lindy

• Lindy
    replied

Kathy! That is drop dead gorgeous! Makes me want to start getting at some of the driftwood I brought back from the coast! Thank you so much for sharing that - it is absolutely inspiring and inspired!

Lindy

Leave a comment:

• chpster90bu

• chpster90bu
    replied

Kathy....that is truly a gorgeous piece of artwork! I absolutely love what you did with it...the pyro is excellent and I'd just love to have this myself!! Cheers Bonnie

Leave a comment:

• Mottles
    replied

Nedra, Greg, Merle, Susan, Thank you all very much for taking the time to look and comment. A lot of my work here lately has been with basswood. It felt really great to work with some found wood, less predictable. I'm not always sure what I'm going to get with each move. Susan I didn't use a coloring agent. After just gently skimming off the surface--that nice beige color was under the surface. Lucky me!
    I like the color variation between the dried gray and the undercolor. Not sure what kind of wood this is, but the backside is a reddest brown. Up on Mingus Mt. there is mostly several types of pine, juniper, cottonwood and aspen. I had to do quite a bit of wood removable of the backside, then applied several coats of Danish Oil.
    Thanks again,
    Kathy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X