• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Irish
    Super Moderator

• Irish
    replied
    Re: Deer

Just beautiful! You have a nice feeling of sculpturing with the carving especially in the textuing in the grass area. The burn accents are storng, bold and wonderful!

What did you use for the coloring agent, the color is so pure and clean?

Susan

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice

• Merle Rice
    replied

Kathy, you brought that piece of Scrap Wood back to life. Those pieces of wood with caracture get your imagination working, and into a very nice piece of Art. As always good Job. Merle

Leave a comment:

• GeorgiaCarver

• GeorgiaCarver
    replied

Holy cow! urr Holy deer

What a great pyro. It is absolutely excellent, I bet you are proud. Your customer is very lucky, I would love to have a pc. of art like that.

Thank you for sharing Mottles,

Greg

Leave a comment:

• Pyrographer

• Pyrographer
    replied

What a beautiful job Kathy. I know your client will love it.

Nedra

Leave a comment:

• Mottles
    started a topic Deer

Deer

Title: For now calling it 'Deer' (Commission)
    Size: 8 1/2 wide x 28 Inches long
    Wood Type: Found

Hi All, got a chance to do a little pyrography and incising on some really dry wood. A friend of mine ask if I would burn something--like a deer on this wood he found at the 6,000 ft elevation on Mingus Mt. here in Arizona.
    As I hadn't burned anything in a while I jumped at the opportunity. I used a combination of woodburning and powercarving on the deer and landscape. I finished it using Deft spray varnish.
    The pattern is from Susan Irish's book 'Wildlife Carving in Relief'. I thought it a perfect fit, so I just enlarged it to size and transfered it to the wood using graphite paper. I didn't have a lot of time to do my own idea's and drawings so 'Thank you Susan' for being there when I needed you.
    Ice Cream As always I appreciate your thoughts and comments. Oh almost forgot if you look close there is a bullet hole just below the neck area of the forward deer.
    Kathy
    DeerWP1.jpgDeerWP2.jpg
    Claude
    Super Mod Louisiana
    Last edited by Claude; 01-18-2017, 12:32 PM. Reason: Restoring photos to original p o s t
Working...
X