Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mottles
    replied
    Hi Carver33 Thank You, I would love to get an opportunity to do another one sometime...just need to find that perfect piece of old wood. I always keep my eye out for interesting pieces of wood when I'm out in the forest. It took someone else's eye to find this one.

Leave a comment:

• carver33
    replied
    Beautiful job on an excellent medium. Couldn't be a more perfect combination.

Leave a comment:

• Mottles
    replied
    Thank you, Arthur

Leave a comment:

• Arthur C.
    replied
    TEST reply.

Leave a comment:

• Mottles
    replied
    TEST: Checking to see if my test comment will bring the thread to a current position in the Pyrography Forum when a Reply is made.. Restored Topic with images added/restored from 07-2009.
    Last edited by Mottles; 01-20-2017, 10:36 AM. Reason: Test

Leave a comment:

• Mottles
    replied
    Re: Deer

Hi Ron T, thank you, what a nice compliment very much appreciated. I knew if the wood was grayed on top then the underwood would be a good contrast for the deer. The golden under wood in contrast to the grayed outer wood just mocked the deer color.
    Thanks again,
    Kathy

Leave a comment:

• Ron T
    replied

Hi Kathy,

I'm so glad Pol resurrected this thread. I don't usually go back through old postings and now I'm wondering about what I'm missing.

I'm very impressed with this piece. Your use of the wood is perfect and indeed breathes new life into it. Buffing down to the unweathed wood below the gray, weathered surface gives the deer such a vibrant color. Great work.

Leave a comment:

• Mottles
    replied

Hey, thanks Corey this was a commission I actually got paid for doing. LOL
    Kathy

Leave a comment:

• Iowa Carver
    replied

Never seen this one either Kathy, way cool!

Corey

Leave a comment:

• Mottles
    replied

Hello Pol, thank you for your compliment very much appreciated.
    Yes and No, it really depends on if there are furrows running across the direction you need to burn that will grab and hold your woodburning pencil. This particular piece was pretty smooth without much in the way of furrowing and pitting to get in the way of my lines.
    Hope this helps,
    Kathy

Leave a comment:

• Pol
    replied

Very nice, Kathy. I'm curious, was it difficult to burn on a piece of drift wood?

Leave a comment:

• Mottles
    replied

Originally posted by Pyrographer
    Kathy that is just great news. I'm sure you're on cloud 9 right now and as you should be.

Nedra
    Ice Cream Thank you, Nedra and yes I'm excited I love commissions that give you artistic license.
    Kathy
    </IMG>

Leave a comment:

• Pyrographer
    replied

Kathy that is just great news. I'm sure you're on cloud 9 right now and as you should be.

Nedra

Leave a comment:

• Mottles
    replied

Update:
    Thumbs Up My client picked up the deer day before yesterday (Tuesday) and was thrilled. I got a call from his wife who was thrilled with her Birthday present and wants more. They are redesigning their home interior and wants all rustic furnishings and art work.
    Thanks again, everyone for your compliments on this piece.
    Kathy

Leave a comment:

• Mottles
    replied

Hi Mel, Thank you, my client will be coming over tomorrow morning to look at it. I'm a little anxious as I never know just how to charge for my woodcarvings. Everyone is looking for a bargain! LOL
    Pals,
    Kathy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X