Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodburning Tool Suggestion

Hello;
    What would you recommend for an upgrade to a generic woodburner set (fixed temp,some interchangle tips)?
    Was looking to do fine line's at this point on scrollwork.
    I know there are different brands, and some are $$.
    Any suggestions/advice would be helpful...
    Thanks
    Rob

Re: Woodburning Tool Suggestion

Check out Colwood products....

Woodburning Tools and Personalized Gifts by Colwood

Comment

Rob,

I only been using it for a few months now, but I am very pleased with the Colwood Detailer. When I asked about purchasing a burner, everyone of the burners in my club suggested this unit. One great advantage is that it accepts fixed and replaceable tip handles. My only caveat is, I purchased the kit and think my money would have been better spent on purchasing the unit and tips separately.

I'm sure that some of the accomplished burners in the group would be willing to give you some good advice on tip selection - I'm still learning.

Comment

Thanks for the info.
        I'll check it out.
        Rob

Comment

Hi Rob, my favorites are Razertip, Nibsburner and Colwood in order of preference. Nibsburner and Colwood are made in the USA and Razertip in Canada. For Warranty, quality, and customer service Razertip is tops then Nibsburner.

If price is an issue go with a Colwood Detailer.

Nedra

Comment

To be honest, in order to choose a decent option, I chose from several options for reviews on the Internet, for example: https://improvecraft.com/best-wood-burning-tools/

Comment

The rustic wood furniture shop down my street does a lot of bone and antler carving as well.
              They run two complete sets of 2-pen Razertip units with very good smoke extraction.
              Brian T

Comment

I had Razor Tip and switched to Colwood Burner and not a bit Sorry . Not Happy with Razor Tip Service . Merle

Comment

Working...
                X