Tagua Nut Source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tagua Nut Source

Interested in trying them. Where is a good place to get some?

Re: Tagua Nut Source

Lee Valley carries them.

Comment

Several sources on E Bay.

Comment

Hi, Woodie! So great to see you posting again. I have wondered how you were since I haven't seen any of your work lately. I seen The Woodcraft Shop has them 10 pcs/slices for $12.50. They are very nice people to deal with and great on quick, prompt delivery/shipping.

I have a couple but haven't gotten around to trying one yet I really need to do that. Make sure you keep us posted and share with us when you get a chance to try them. Let us know how you liked it. And gain good to see you.

Comment

You can buy them directly from some websites based in south America and probably get a better deal. I always go down and collect my own, in Peru. I think That way is the most fun.

Comment

I found one source, not too bad, sliced and polished @ .70 cents each, ordered a few to see how it goes. Appreciate all the replys, this single parent and the pentagon is killing my artistic abilities, but I do have some duck on the grill, so my culinary arts are expanding

Comment

Originally posted by mateo View Post
              You can buy them directly from some websites based in south America and probably get a better deal. I always go down and collect my own, in Peru. I think That way is the most fun.
              Hi Mateo,

I'll bet you get them for a really great price but when you factor in the airfare, it must come to several hundred dollars a pound.
              Ron T.
              http://stickcarving.webs.com/

Comment

Woodie,

Just ran into a source today:

Craft Supplies USA

Tagua Nuts - Woodturners Catalog - Woodworking tools and supplies specializing in woodturning.

standard - averages 18-20 nuts/lb $5.99/lb
                jumbo - averages 9-11 nuts/lb $8.99/lb

Comment

Guess they just sold out Will try them a little later and thanks again.

Mel

Comment

Working...
                  X