Still burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still burning

I know I haven't posted any current projects lately, but I haven't been slacking off. I spent more than three weeks on a burning, but can't post it, due to the fact that it's a nude picture (not of myself, please!). I've done two burnings like this and enjoy them, but getting the skin smooth enough is tough.
    Anyway,
    Here is my current project. Back to thing I really love doing: animals. It's a Nubian Ibex.
    I spent the last three days doing the rocks and just started the actual animal today.

Re: Still burning

Pol, its a great start! I look forward to seeing updates!

Comment

Keep up the good work

Comment

Pol,

Looking very good - I'm looking forward to seeing more progress shots.

I'd really like to see your nude - is there any chance that you could PM a picture of it?

Comment

If I knew what PM meant
          I haven't gotten much further on the Ibex, so I won't post an update yet. But I will soon.

Comment

Great start on the Ibex, Pol. Looking forward to seeing more progression pics.

Dan

Comment

Okay, I'm a little slow today. PM-private message? Duh. Sorry, Bill.
              I'll send it if you want, but you may not want to see it. It's of a guy (just a side shot, though, sitting on a board walk).

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                Okay, I'm a little slow today. PM-private message? Duh. Sorry, Bill.
                I'll send it if you want, but you may not want to see it. It's of a guy (just a side shot, though, sitting on a board walk).
                Sorry - PM = Private message, which I see you have disabled receiving. It's just as well, apparently you can't attach pictures to a PM anyhow.

I don't really care if the picture is male or female, I think the human body is fascinating in the study of posing, the musculature and variations in shading thereof. I always like to see how artists handle this. Nice examples of clothed figure shading is shown in Conrad Pinto's Salt Pan Worker and Coconut Plucker burnings.

I wish there were a section in these forums for posting nudes of all types of wood burning and carving. Nudes have been a natural study since art was discovered.

Comment

Okay, now I really feel dumb, Bill. I had no idea I had PM disabled. I will go in and try to fix that. Honestly, I had no idea.
                  But I agree with you. The human body is really a beautiful thing. I especially like doing the male body because of the muscles and the ability to shade so much.
                  I will go in and unblock the messages and perhaps you could send me your email address and I'll send the pic.
                  Thanks!

Comment

Pol, like what you've done so far!
                    My ETSY shop:
                    https://www.etsy.com/shop/WoodforddellDesigns

Comment

Hi, Pol. Look forward to seeing more of Ibex especially when you get to the horns. I know it is to bad people ruin it. I would love to see the nude too. Cracks me up the stuff they can show on T.V. and in the commercials but you can't post a piece of art in the nude.

Comment

Aaaaaaaah!
                        I'm sorry everyone, but the Ibex will not be seen for a while. Why? Because I f*cked it up!

I am still trying to get used to the new pens I got when I purched the new Razer Tip. New shaders, new writing nibs, spoon shaders, skews, blah, blah, blah. Well, I was messing with the eye (even though I told myself not to mess with the eye because I needed a different tip and it was fine for now) when I got distracted by something, looked away and BLOB! Eye gone, hello big ole' burn mark. I laid the tip right on the wood, across 75% of the eye.
                        After spewing off a few choice words, I tried to fix it by scraping it off with a razor blade, but that only made things worse.
                        I'm so pissed because this is the first burning I've done that I screwed up and haven't been able to finish. Usually I can fix mistakes. But this one . . . there was no chance.

I was drinking coffee, but now I'm going to pour a big glass of wine and get drunk.
                        Goodbye-

Comment

Pol,

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. So far (knock on wood), I haven't screwed up a wood burning beyond repair yet. I have, however, turned a few carving into some pretty fancy firewood, so I can empathize.

The best thing to do is learn from your mistake, start over and be determined to make this one better than than the one you messed up. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks, Bill. I flipped the wood over and am just trying to do a practice piece. I hope to get used to the new pen tips pretty quickly.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the misfortune over the weekend.

Hey, maybe you can turn in into an abstract woodburning?

Comment

Working...
                              X