Georgia Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgia Fan

Commissioned picture of a co-worker's grandson.

Burned on Baltic Birch - 8-1/2" x 11". Most of the shading was done with the Colwood 1mm ball, with the darker areas burned in with the shader.

I was having trouble with the fly-away curly hair, so I modified a tip to make a hair shader. I modified a "J" tip - a small flat, round edge tip, by bending it into kind of a "mini shader". This allowed me to make tighter shaded sections of hair. Finally I used a skew tip to draw in the individual fly-away strands.

Comments and critiques welcome. Thanks for looking, I hope you enjoy.

Re: Georgia Fan

Nice work!

Bill

Comment

Now thats what I am talking about. Those wrinkles are awesome!

Comment

Wow!
        I think this is one of the best works on this site.

The shading of the clothes is really awesome. And the light background has a nice feel to it.

Comment

I don't know how you do it but I sure am envious. Great work.

Comment

good work Bill

Comment

Thank you all for the kind words. They really mean something from this group - those who have the ability and who can appreciate what goes into creating the finished product.

I almost didn't take the commission on this one because I wasn't sure I could do it justice, but I'm pretty pleased with it.

Comment

very nice.

Comment

Great job, Bill. You caught the subject perfectly. The shading is amazing. Your co-worker is going to love it. Thanks for sharing and for the inspiration.

Comment

I still can't get over the hair and the wrinkles. How do you do it. Man that is a nice piece of work.

Comment

Just amazing, Bill. I'm trying to do a human face for the first time on the flip side of my messed up piece, and I was liking it, until I saw this. Thanks a lot!
                      It's so good.
                      Pol

Comment

Very, very good !!

Jax.
                        WOOD IS WONDERFUL!

Comment

wow great job ,Bill I know he will be proud of that one

Comment

You SHOULD be pleased with this, Bill....WOW! That'a a great burning....what a piece of work. I agree with everyone else....the shading and wrinkles are totally amazing. Wonderful! Bonnie

Comment

Bill,
                              I have a few questions, if you don't mind.
                              How long have you been burning? And are you an artist outside of burning? Obviously you're an artist, but I mean, can you draw/paint that well with other tools? And lastly, with this image, did you do it free hand or did you trace or tansfer part of an image first?
                              I'm just trying to see if I can one day become as good as you, or if you're just born with it. I understand about the practice, practice, practice stuff, but there are times when I question "How much practice will it take?".
                              Thanks!
                              Pol

Comment

Working...
                              X