replied
    Re: Keltic, Pict

John

great job , love the colors!

Leave a comment:

• Thor
    replied

I'm always interested in Celtic and Pictish designs. Good job, and I like the bright colors as well.
    Christina

Leave a comment:

• Sharon of the Dell
    replied

John, I like em, love the bright colors. So how bad is the smell though when burning leather? I've thought about burning it, but think I'll wait until the weather gets better so I can do it outside. I don't think my hubby can handle the smell of burning dried out flesh! smile!

Leave a comment:

• teeburn
    replied

I haven't tried leather yet. I really need to. I used to do leather tooling. I really liked it. They look like they were a lot of fun to do, very nice.

Leave a comment:

• bigEd_H
    replied

Very nice, John. I really like Celtic designs (must be my ancestry) and you did a nice job on them. The colors are spot on for what little I know of the era. Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• sorthum
    replied

John, At first glance I thought you were in real trouble. When I clicked on your post the upper picture only filled the screen. While viewing the photo my thoughts were this man is proud of his work and has been bold enough to sew it to the living room furniture. Visions flashed through my head what would happen if I were to sew ANYTHING to our furniture. (wife would be quickly on the scene twisting both my ears off at the same time) Was relieved to see after scrolling down to see that you made your wife something she should be very pleased with. And that you had only placed both pieces there for a photo. Very nice work and am sure when these wallets are brought out in use in public they will start lots of good conversations. Jim

Leave a comment:

• aulddiy
    replied

Thanks you kind sir.
    From the little I know of that period they, the Picts and kelts like bright colours. I should have added the patterns are from Irish's book. But do n't blame her.

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied

Hi John,looks like you found another way to express your talent. Nice, I like the bright colors. Merle

Leave a comment:

• aulddiy
    started a topic Keltic, Pict

Keltic, Pict

These are a couple of wallets I burned and then painted. The leather is veg tanned.
Working...
X