• Pol
    replied
    Re: Woodburning on Yew

Thanks for the heads up!

Leave a comment:

• bama20a
    replied

Back in my hippie days I'd burn some stuff & bounce off the walls also,But it wasn't yew,,HAD TO SAY THAT,

Leave a comment:

• Jrick
    replied

Thank you sir. I had no idea that could happen.

Leave a comment:

• teeburn
    replied

Hi, Magic! Sorry to hear about your bad experience with the Yew. But I'm so glad to hear that it wore off and you are doing better. Thank you so much for making us aware of this possible hazard. I will definitely pass it on.

Leave a comment:

• W.duBois
    replied

Dearly noted.. I'm kinda surprised though that even from burned Taxus smoke you could get nasty effects. :O

Leave a comment:

• Magic
    started a topic Woodburning on Yew

Woodburning on Yew

Just a warning for anyone burning a pattern on English Yew. I got caught out even though I had a fan pulling the smoke away from me and out a window. I must have sniffed a bit of the smoke and suffered a neurotoxic effect. My balance went for two days and the only way I could walk around the house was to pick my path and then bounce off the walls like a game of snooker towards my target. I called a friend who said he also had experienced a similar effect with Yew some years before after sanding a piece on his lathe. His advice was if I didn't have some improvement soon I should get medical help, but by the end of the second day things started to improve and my sense of balance came back. I thought I'd pass it on. Magic
Working...
X