Red breasted nuthatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red breasted nuthatch

The first woodburning I have done from a photograph rather than from a pattern. Well, not technically the first, I did one a couple of years ago, but it was more of an outline.
    This is the first one where I tried to get the lights and shadows. Something which drives me nuts, but I am determined to eventually get it.
    Shari

Re: Red breasted nuthatch

I think it looks great . The bark detail is really good also. Nice job .

Comment

Looks really good. I agree about the bark; very realistic.

Comment

Hi Shari, You can relax now that you have the light and shadows beat. I think you did a great job. Merle

Comment

Shari,

I think that you've done a wonderful job. The bird is beautifully done, and the tree bark looks very realistic.

Comment

Cute little bird , I agree with the others on your capture of the shading and light. You're getting it, don't let the shading get you.

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm obviously not in a league with most of you, but I'm getting ready to try another nuthatch, this time a white breasted one.

Comment

Shari, I think you did a really nice picture! i would be proud to hang that on my wall!
                My ETSY shop:
                https://www.etsy.com/shop/WoodforddellDesigns

Comment

Hi, Shari!

Awe, how cute! That nuthatch is so adorable. I think you did very well with the tones and shading. I empathize with you on the light source issue. I still have trouble sometimes depending on the subject and composition on where the light source is coming from. But like you thankfully I'm getting better with it more with each piece. Keep at it you are doing great. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings!

Comment

Working...
                  X