Wolf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolf

Well I thought I would never get finished with this one. It took about four weeks (with a couple of days off). Most of the time was spent burning the background.
    Hope you like it.
    Pol

Re: Wolf

It's an excellent wolf, Pol, and will be helpful to me on a current project that features a wolf head in full shape.

Comment

THAT is GORGEOUS, Pol.....Love what you did with this. The dark background really makes him stand out and the eyes are outstanding. Bonnie

Comment

Thanks, Bonnie and Phil. I'm glad you like it. It makes it worth my aching hand to hear it.

Comment

Nice wolf ! The background sets him or her off real good.
          I can sympathize with you on burning the dark background, I have one going with a dark background too (but not a wolf).

Comment

very nice.

Comment

I was looking at your album. I never thought about doing a dark background, but I really like the ones you did with the dark backgrounds, what are you using to burn them?

Comment

Thanks! I have a Razertip burner, and for the backgrounds I use the medium round shader. I still wish I could get them a bit more even like Travis does with his dark areas, but I'm getting there. It just takes forever!

Comment

Ya, I LIKE it!

Al

Comment

Pol,

Another fine burning. I too like the dark background, but I think that getting that much dark background entirely even would be darn near impossible, especially on basswood.

Comment

Pol, just saw this in the gallery. WOW, I just love it! I know it was time consuming, but you make it look easy!
                      My ETSY shop:
                      https://www.etsy.com/shop/WoodforddellDesigns

Comment

Hi,Pol!

I agree with everyone looks great! I empathize with ya on the dark background. I know how long it takes but it is well worth the effort. Just tedious while in the process. I also like the eyes especially with all the dark tones. Thanks for sharing another great piece. As always can't wait to see your next adventure.

Blessings!

Comment

Pol,

Excellent!!

Bill

Comment

Excellent wolf! The eyes are haunting. It was well worth the time you put into it, Pol, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Wow, again thanks everyone for all the kind words. It really makes me feel good!
                              And Bill, thanks for letting me know that I'm not just making myself crazy trying to get a perfect background. I hadn't realized it was harder with basswood. Next time I might not be so hard on myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X