Koalas done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koalas done

Well, I finished with the mama and baby koala. It loses some of its detail in the photo, though, and the white seems really vivid, but it's not. There's also a bit of pink I used around the eyes, but it doesn't show up here. Anyway, hope you like it. These will be my last koalas!

Re: Koalas done

WOW! Beautiful burning, I like it a lot,

Comment

Thank so much.

Comment

Another beautiful burning.

Are you going to post a larger pic in your gallery?

Comment

Thanks. Yes, but I'm going to try and take a better one. I'll let you know when it's in.

Comment

Okay, I posted another picture in my gallery. This one shows the pink around the eyes and mouths a bit better.

Comment

Great butn, Pol! I have to learn todo that kind of pyro...not just outlining like I do. You seem to "paint" with the burner.

Al

Comment

Your Burnings are always Great, as is your Koala, Well Done. Merle

Comment

Great job! Your Koalas came out so nice. Are you still seeing dots and dots and.....

Comment

Awesome work! How do you do to keep the bark in place? It falls off after a while on everything that I do.....

Comment

I don't know if you know what Mod Podge is but it is a brand of decoupage medium. It works great or you can even use puzzle glue. Just brush the bark carefully with a soft or medium toothbrush or something similar and then apply the medium. It will go on white but it dries clear. It covers pretty well so sometimes one coat is enough, depends. Make sure you get it in all the nooks and crannies. Let the first coat dry thoroughly and you will be able to tell if you need any more coats. Make sure you let each coat dry before applying the next. You can find these products at most retail stores. Wal*Mart carries both. Any place that has a craft section. Hope this helps.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for the advise!

Comment

Gosh, thanks everyone. I checked yesterday and there were a few replies, but today, WHAM! Thanks for the compliment, Al, and Merle, and everyone else. I really appreciate it.
                          And thanks, Teeburn for the tip. I do have a little problem with some of the bark falling off, but with your help, maybe that will be a thing of the past.
                          Now I have to try and figure out what to do next, I really have no idea.

Comment

Working...
                          X