Lazy Lion-done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazy Lion-done!

Finally! I didn't think I would ever get finished, but it's finally done!
    I wasn't sure what I wanted to use for the eyes, but ended up with oil-based pencil. I tried acrylic and gouche to practice but didn't like the way it looked. It ended up better because I had left a space in around the outer eye for the glare, and with the pencil I was able to draw it in really well.
    Thanks everyone for your encouraging words while I worked on this one.
    Hope you like it.
    Pol

Re: Lazy Lion-done!

Hey! That's a double WOW. Incredible!

Tom H
    http://beginnerscarvingcorner.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks, Tom. I appreciate it.

Comment

That is an impressive piece. I really like the way you did the eyes. Looks great!

Eric

Comment

Hi Pol, Excellent Piece, I still say you have a very good touch with your Pens. very good job.. Merle

Comment

Thanks Merles and Eric. I keep trying to get better and better.
            Someone has asked me to do a portrait of their dog who passed away a few months back. It's a Portegees (spelling?) waterdog. I'm kind of nervous about the curls in the coat. But we'll see.

Comment

Pol,

Great job on the lion - as usual! I see that you decided to stick with what you know. I'm going to have to try those oil based pencils one of these days.

I have the utmost confidence that you'll do a wonderful job on the dog. btw: it's Portuguese water dog.

Comment

Dang it! I knew I spelled that word wrong. Oh, well. Thanks for the props.

Comment

Hi, Pol!

I agree with everyone excellent piece. I like that even with your little misgivings, nervousness you still embrace each challenge and go ahead and go for it. That is part of why it always works out, plus your talent of course. I know you will do the same with your next project and will achieve the same wonder outcome. I empathize with you I do the same thing. Continue to enjoy the process, even though it can feel like a roller coaster ride. That's what it feels like to me. I love the beginning, I hate the middle and I love the end too. Whether I'm completely happy with the piece or not, I can still say happily...What a ride! LOL!

Blessings!
                  Tina aka teeburn, tee

Comment

Thanks, Tina. I answered your other post. Take care.

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                      Dang it! I knew I spelled that word wrong. Oh, well. Thanks for the props.
                      Don't feel bad, I couldn't spell t right without looking it up.

Comment

Awesome,I guess when I said fabulous it was an understatement.

Comment

That is a beautiful piece of burning. Very well done! Love the subject, the eyes bring it to life.

Bob
                          Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Thanks, Pol! Blessings!

Comment

Thanks everyone. And Bill, you cheated!

Comment

Working...
                              X