• Pol
    replied
    Re: Chesapeake Bay Retriever

That is great! Thanks so much, Susan!

Leave a comment:

• Pyrographer
    replied

Unfortuntaley I don't have any photos of him. I've done some other dogs as commissions and two of them are on my site but the ones I personally didn't like I never even took photos.

Nedra

Leave a comment:

• Irish
    replied

Pol, maybe this will help.

Free Online Step by Step Wood Burning Instructions, Fur, Basic Tips to the Hobby

Remember that after you have added the shading and fur lines you can return to the area with a v-gouge carving chisel to create fine carved lines that return 'white' to the area. It's a great way to add the fine white hair and highlight details.

Susan

Leave a comment:

• Pol
    replied

I'd love to see it.
    Thanks for the tips.

Leave a comment:

• Pyrographer
    replied

Gorgeous dog. You're fortunate because mine was much lighter. Just convert the photo to black and white so you get the tonal values. Leave the wood bare for the very light areas. All I can say is good luck. Rufus turned out great according to everyone else but I hated it

Nedra

Leave a comment:

• Pol
    replied

Nedra,
    Here's the picture of my golden that I want to do. I'm just unsure about the hair.

Leave a comment:

• Pol
    replied

Hey, I have a golden and I have a great picture I want to do, but I'm afraid. Any tips?

Leave a comment:

• Pyrographer
    replied

Great job so far Pol. Dogs are a challenge but it looks like you are doing a great job. All the fur definately takes time.

I've done some dog commissions and also did my golden retriever and he was the biggest challenge.

Nedra

Leave a comment:

• Pol
    replied

Thanks so much.

Leave a comment:

• sappy
    replied

Looking great so far! I love the expression, and the eyes really draw you in.

Leave a comment:

• Pol
    replied

I know, I looked one up after I made that mistake and thought the same thing. This one still has some curls around the neck line that I'm worried about doing, but I guess I'll figure it out.

Leave a comment:

• carver33
    replied

Pol,

Looking good so far.

Good thing it wasn't a Portuguese Water Dog - those things have such curly hair, it would drive you nuts trying to burn it.

Leave a comment:

• Pol
    started a topic Chesapeake Bay Retriever

Chesapeake Bay Retriever

It's just taking shape right now, but I thought I would share what I have so far with the retriever. I still have a ton of layers of shade to go.
Working...
X