Help! Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Help!

I can't believe it! Something's wrong with my burner! I thought I might finish my current project but then my pen kept losing heat. One of my cords actually melted at the base (the little rubber cover ver the connections). Then the other stopped working.
    I am hoping that it's just the cords, but has anyone ever had trouble with cords going out like that? How do I know it's not my machine? Advice, please! Of course this has to happen when I'm kinda on a timeline!

Re: Help! Help!

Hi Pol, I suggest you call Razertip and discuss the problem with them in the morning. I don't know when you purchased it but if it's the burner, it's covered for 3 years. If it's a short in the cord I'm not sure what their policy is but if both cords failed I suspect it's not the cords.

Sometimes they can diagnose the source of the problem over the phone but you do need to talk to them so they can determine the problem. There's no point in replacing cords if they are not the source of the problem. If both burned out it doesn't sound like a cord issue.

Nedra

Comment

Thank, I'm on it, Nedra.
      Talk to you soon-

Comment

In the information that come with my burner, it says to check the tip. If it breaks (and you may not see the break at first) it will cause the hand piece to overheat.

Comment

Thank, but it doesn't look like that's it. I think it is the burner. Even with just the cords the cord doesn't get warm.
          Thanks, though.

Comment

Pol, after chatting with you privately I do believe it's not the cords. As I said, you wouldn't have problems with both cords if the cord is the issue. It is more than likely a short in the woodburner. A broken tip should not burn out cords.

Most times when a tip breaks it's noticeable. It would happen from a heavy hand, using it red hot or the biggie....dropping it on a hard floor nose first.

Email me again privately when you talk to Razertip. I'll be interested to see what they say.

Nedra

Comment

Sorry I haven't replied, but I was busy finishing my project. I did return the burner to Razertip, but was able to use my Detail Master to finish. But man, what a difference! I miss my Razertip! The pen on the Detail Master gets so hot!

Comment

Can't say that I blame you!

Nedra

Comment

Working...
                X