Chesapeake Bay Retriever done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chesapeake Bay Retriever done!

Well, after a slight setback, I was able to finish the retriever. As you may have seen in my deperate posting, my Razertip burner went kaputz, but I still had my old Detail Master to go to. Even though it wasn't the same, it did the job.
    Hope you like it.

Re: Chesapeake Bay Retriever done!

Excellent! I love the use of the wood grain. And the curly hair, you thought that would be a problem, looks to me like you handled it very well!

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Hi Pol, very good as usual. very good touch with your Pen. Merle

Comment

Thanks, Merle.

Comment

Pol,

As usual, another beautiful job. Fine job on the burning, and the eyes are absolutely fantastic!

I see that you figured out the curly hair.

Comment

WOW, that looks great. how did you get the eyes. they look yellow. and the burning is so soft. gosh nice.
              Evie
              Ps. what happen to your razor tip. I have one. do I need to look for something in mine.

Comment

Thanks, Bill. Yeah, I guess I got the curls good enough. I'll always be critical of my own stuff, though.
                And thanks, Evie. Actually, the eyes are yellow/brown. I used oil-based pencil. I colored them yellow and then pulled in brown lines from the outside inward to get the brown tint. I'm actually most proud of these eyes because in person, they look the most real.
                And I don't really know what happened to my Razertip. It just kinda went out. But I did ten burnings with it in eight months, so maybe I killed it!
                The guys at Razertip said they usually last a long time and are reliable, so I wouldn't worry. I think it was just one of those things. I sent it back and I can't wait for it to be returned because after I went back to my Detail Master to finish the retriever, I really miss it!

Comment

Thanks you Pol. I haven't started useing mine, and thought oh my gosh. but your right they do stand by their products. I love the softness in the skin also. I have so much to learn, and this project is so inspiring. Evie

Comment

It turned out great and I know Razertip will get it back to you ASAP. It's highly unusual for them to go out but with any electronic device things can happen and as you now know, they do stand behind their products and warranty. I've had my original one for 8 years and still working like a champ.

Nedra

Comment

Beautiful work, Pol. I imagine you could do as well with a hot butter knife. You have a great talent for woodburning. It's good to hear that Razortip will stand behind their equipment and fix you burner. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Very nice! I love how the heartwood grain lines accent the dog's face. And as a dog artist myself your rendition is dead on perfect. He would be a Best of Show for the AKA.

Susan

Comment

You are great with those eyes Pol but the whole burning is excellent . Jimmy

Comment

pol.
                            i never had the desire to burn wood, but after seeing your work, and the great eye's might have to rethink that, maybe it is because the dog looks a lot like mine,
                            outstanding eyes,
                            give me goosebumps
                            Sam

Comment

Pol, what a fantastic job! You really have a wonderful talent for burning.
                              I remember how I struggled burning my Aussie, you make it look easy.

Comment

Working...
                              X