Where is everyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is everyone?

I keep checking to see if there's any new posts, but there hasn't been in days. I'm not working on anything new because I don't have my burner (but I have a really cool project waiting), but what's everyone else up to?
    I'm joining the Austin Artist Co-op and I'm displaying my art tomorrow. Hope it works out.

Re: Where is everyone?

Pol, It's that time of the year when grass grows faster than our list of carving projects. So, consequently, as folks work hard to get their yards and gardens in shape after a long winter, it's not unsual for computer time and carving time to be reduced. But that will change as soon as they get caught up and it gets hot.

Donna_T
    From Missouri

Comment

Yeah, I guess that's it. Thanks, Donna.

Comment

I guess everyone is busy I know I am I have just finished four tree carvings and have another three scheduled for the next two weeks. Seems by the time I read the emails and posts I am far too tired at the end of the day to post new pictures. Also I only do tree spirits and once you have seen one you have seen them all.
        Colin
        Jim - The Doing is as much fun as the Viewing!
        Jackson, MS

Comment

Like Donna said, there are way too many projects that take precedence over burning and carving this time of year. I've been working on both a carving and a burning for waaaaay too long, but hopefully, I'll be posting pics of the carving soon, but not sure when I'll finish the burning.

Comment

I was wondering the same thing, where did everyone go? Gardening over carving ??? LOL

Dave

Comment

Since I have a strong allergy to wood and wood burning I am waiting for the weather to warm enough to work outside. I have some pictures drawn and am antsy to start burning, but have to have more open space. I hope outdoor burning works and doesn't cool the tip to much.

Comment

Carving is there anything else!!

Comment

I'm right here!!!

Comment

Spread thin! But still hangin around.

Tom H
                    http://beginnerscarvingcorner.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well heeeeeeello everyone! I'm glad everyone's busy and doing well. I can't wait to see the new projects! I've been sitting on my hands waiting for my burner to get back, but it's gonna be at least two more weeks!
                      I had my stuff up at an art show this weekend. Had a lot of attention, but no sales.
                      Maybe next time.

Comment

Hey Pol, I treat art and carving shows/festivals, etc. like I do fishing. It can be just as much fun anticipating, and tryin to catch fish, as actually catchin any.

Tom H
                        http://beginnerscarvingcorner.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi, Pol!

Like the rest still around but this time of year it is easier for me to get out so when I can I take advantage of it. Been busy helping a friend with some of her carvings. She had a few things she carved and she wanted me to burn the details for her so that is what I've been doing mostly lately. I'll try and see if I can get her to bring them back to the club so I can get some pics.

We also had our first show of the season. It was a one day craft show that we demonstrate at, at our county fairgrounds. We demonstrate and they let us display our wares, work. It is a yearly show we do twice a year, one day in May and two in October. It's usually very good crowd, highly attended but was way down this year. I was lucky though I sold one piece. Hubby sold three small carvings, self sitters.

When I get on lately usually just have enough time to check in, not enough to post cause I do have a lot of projects I'm working on. Got an event we're getting ready for on the 19th. Our club was invited to demonstrate at our Senior Center. They are having like an Ole Fashion Days, day. They are having various activities and craft persons. We will be one of the main demonstrators so it will be fun.

I'll try to post some things soon. Totally agree with TomH on the different shows and things. Enjoy them immensely either way.

I empathize with you on waiting for your burner. Can't wait for you to get it back too. Love your work.

The first pic is of my display, the second two are my hubby's, the third is a fellow club member who makes his own boxes and then burns them, and the last is of our yearly raffle project. This year we made a whimsical village out of cottonwood bark of course.

Blessings!
                          Tina
                          aka teeburn, tee

Comment

Between catching up on the lawn care, pressure washing the house and shop, and trimming bushes, my carving table is waiting patiently for me to come back! Lots of projects lined up. Pretty soon all the outside jobs will be done, so you can find me in the shop! Whooo-hooo!
                            Rich

Comment

I'm still around too. Haven't had time to burn or carve lately. Life has gotten in the way once again.
                              Hope things settle down in another couple weeks and I can get burning and carving more.

Comment

Working...
                              X