• Show
Clear All

• Gourd Banjo

Susan

Re: Gourd Banjo

Susan

Comment

"WOW" that is absolutly amazing I admire people with your talent Susan now that is what I call a work of art. Thanks for letting us see it.
      Colin
      Jim - The Doing is as much fun as the Viewing!
      Jackson, MS

Comment

What a super idea, I love the interlaced dragons. Definately a keeper Susan. Keep up the great design work, it's stunning!

Bob
        Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Susan

Comment

thats neat! reminds tho of another instrument.....I think its called a bouzouki? nice job wherever you call it! lol
            "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Originally posted by Irish
              Thanks Guys! I have been putting off burning the banjo as it took so long for me to figure out how to make the studip thing that I didn't want to ruin it. Susan
              You couldn't have expressed better how I sometimes feel when going on to the next step with some projects... just scared to death that something isn't gonna work out and this is especially true with those carvings or woodburnings that have taken a long time to complete.

Once again a really wonderful job Susan! This instrument would fit in very nicely around my parts where Appalachian mountain music is alive and well! I know that you're done with it but I still can't help but to imagine it with color added to that dragon design. Your sticks are just so powerful with the color even if that is only my personal and biased opinion. Smile It's really fantastic!

I can just barely whistle so music isn't my thing either, but back in the 1980's I build a dulcimer from a kit and that was one of the best experiences that I ever had with music. I got pretty good at it too and even ended up writing my own song. Had a lot of fun with that dulcimer and I was regularly in demand to play and sing at the camp where I worked. Fortunately the dulcimer was loud enough to drown out most of my voice!

Once again, great job and one more finished project!!
              Dave Brock

Comment

fantastic job on the banjo and the wood burning!!! did you make it from a kit? my dad and I made a couple of harps last winter, I was going to do some sort of design on the sound board of mine but never got up the courage to do it so I left it plain.
                It does kind of look like a bouzouki.
                silas

Comment

Wow! Very nice!
                  I've meant to ask, did you carve the animal in the corner of your posts? It's incredible! I'd love to see a bigger picture!
                  Wade

Comment

Susan

Comment

Susan

Comment

ddd

Comment

WOW, Susan just found your thread and all I can say it WOW. Beautiful detail on the drum and banjo I love musical instruments can't play a one! I've seen these gourd instruments in a gourding book. As I'm musically challenged probably couldn't play one even if I made it! LOL
                          I've always wanted a Native American flute but again chances of me being able to play it are well.....
                          Also wanted to mention how much I enjoyed your article in WCI. With the information in your article I actually when thought some of my photographs and chose an antique lantern to woodburn. Last night I sketched the lantern onto graph paper (my favorite sketching paper). I worked out some of the composition problems and today I plan to transfer my drawing to a 8" x 10" birch panel. Waiting for a shader I ordered to come in probably Friday so I can get started. I'll share my final work in the Pyrography forum good or bad. LOL.....
                          Thanks again for your 'Dimensional Woodburning article.'
                          Kathy

Comment

Susan

Comment

Susan,

They are wonderful pieces! I am not sure how you attached the neck but looks great. And wow what dragons !

Ash

Comment

Working...
                              X