This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Walnut Hollow Versa-Tool

You are very right, Terri! That is an on-off switch!!!

... so ... I would email Walnut Hollow and ask what the SKU number is for the "Creative Versa-Tool featuring Versa-Temp Temperature Control" ... that's the wording at the top of the box.

I heard about the one I got when I was on the phone ordering wood plaques and blanks ... so ... give them a call or email before you click the Buy Now button.

Susan

Comment

Originally posted by Irish View Post
      You are very right, Terri! That is an on-off switch!!!

... so ... I would email Walnut Hollow and ask what the SKU number is for the "Creative Versa-Tool featuring Versa-Temp Temperature Control" ... that's the wording at the top of the box.

I heard about the one I got when I was on the phone ordering wood plaques and blanks ... so ... give them a call or email before you click the Buy Now button.

Susan
      I called Walnut Hollow up and they said it wasn't available.
      Terry

Comment

Glad you caught that Terry, I was looking at the wrong one. Gotta keep my eyes out for one

Eric

Comment

Checking back over my notes ... I was ordering a huge batch of wood for my next book ... it looks like the Versa-Tool will be released the 1st of November in Michaels.

Chris, the gal helping me, mentioned the tool when I told her who I was. So maybe that's why I got mine early.

So Sorry for the confusion here.

Susan

Comment

Thanks for the review! (I know your post is older now).
            I am getting into the wood burning hobby and was torn as to whether or not I was going to keep going. Reason being the cheap burner I bought was just that, cheap!
            Found this review and decided to give it another shot. Picked one up locally at a Michael's (50% off) and gave it a whirl. This thing works great!

Comment

Thanks so much for the great information. I am very new to pyrography and started out with a regular Versa Tool which had no variable temps and found it limiting. After reading your post, will purchase the Versa Tool variable temp model and give it another try.

Thanks again,
              SQ

Comment

Hello & thank you for this reveiw. It is over a year later and I was heartened to read your information, as I was considering this for my 13 year old son. He has an interest in electronics, and also has been doing some wood work. I was able to purchase the tool at JoAnns today for 15.00 with a 50% off coupon and it is nice to be confident in a gift AND get it at a deal.

Comment

I recently purchased the Versa Tool and am very happy with it's versatility, and quality. Thank You for an excellent review.

Comment

Thank you so very much for this. I have used my old trusty Walnut Hollow pen forever now, and could never seem to really get to appreciate the variable temp units. For some reason, my pen was just always the most comfortable in my hand. But, I am definitely going to try this. Seems like EXACTLY what I have been looking for....

Comment

After wanting to get one of these i went ahead and just ordered mine...

Comment

Thanks much, I have been wanting to try woodburning but the cost was holding me back. I will purchase this and give it a shot. And probably buy your book to get me going.

Comment

Do you think that the darkest setting on the variable is equal to the heat of the standard burner? Or hotter?

Comment

Just saw this sticky when it popped up after a couple commented. I, too, have want to try burning some carvings but just couldn't see buying an expensive set-up to experiment with. Just bought the Versa-Tool today at JoAnn's with a 60% off coupon. Anxious to play with it!

Comment

I bought one to use mostly to sign my carvingsā€¦but can't find a tip that seems to work.

Comment

Anyone? And maybe I'm not holding it right, but it's not very "pen like" for me. Am I missing something?

Comment

Working...
                                X