X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish
    replied
    This was originally posted in 2011. I would like to thank Fox Chapel and BobD for allowing me to get this thread re-posted with all of the images that were lost in the 'Big Crash'.

If you have questions or have worked this project, please post your photos here.

Thanks everyone!

Susan

Leave a comment:

• wrknbum
    replied
    Re: Walnut Hollow Versa-Tool

thank you for this review as im very new and picked this up and tried some basic shapes with not munch luck and thought maybe i bought a bad kit. all the research and books i bought and read all show the exspensive models and have tips for them, but not this one. well now i know what it can do i better practice....a lot. what tip would you use with this for lettering? i cant seem to get a nice flow for say a letter like an "S"

Leave a comment:

• efmaron
    replied

The writing tip is about 1/8" in diameter and 1/2" long the end is round

Leave a comment:

• Michelle
    replied

Anyone? And maybe I'm not holding it right, but it's not very "pen like" for me. Am I missing something?

Leave a comment:

• Michelle
    replied

I bought one to use mostly to sign my carvingsā€¦but can't find a tip that seems to work.

Leave a comment:

• EarlE
    replied

Just saw this sticky when it popped up after a couple commented. I, too, have want to try burning some carvings but just couldn't see buying an expensive set-up to experiment with. Just bought the Versa-Tool today at JoAnn's with a 60% off coupon. Anxious to play with it!

Leave a comment:

• Smee
    replied

Do you think that the darkest setting on the variable is equal to the heat of the standard burner? Or hotter?

Leave a comment:

• quick_lance
    replied

Thanks much, I have been wanting to try woodburning but the cost was holding me back. I will purchase this and give it a shot. And probably buy your book to get me going.

Leave a comment:

• dkipp
    replied

After wanting to get one of these i went ahead and just ordered mine...

Leave a comment:

• JenW
    replied

Thank you so very much for this. I have used my old trusty Walnut Hollow pen forever now, and could never seem to really get to appreciate the variable temp units. For some reason, my pen was just always the most comfortable in my hand. But, I am definitely going to try this. Seems like EXACTLY what I have been looking for....

Leave a comment:

• sharon82
    replied

I recently purchased the Versa Tool and am very happy with it's versatility, and quality. Thank You for an excellent review.

Leave a comment:

• growerjenn
    replied

Hello & thank you for this reveiw. It is over a year later and I was heartened to read your information, as I was considering this for my 13 year old son. He has an interest in electronics, and also has been doing some wood work. I was able to purchase the tool at JoAnns today for 15.00 with a 50% off coupon and it is nice to be confident in a gift AND get it at a deal.

Leave a comment:

• susieq4131
    replied

Thanks so much for the great information. I am very new to pyrography and started out with a regular Versa Tool which had no variable temps and found it limiting. After reading your post, will purchase the Versa Tool variable temp model and give it another try.

Thanks again,
    SQ

Leave a comment:

• MichaelBarnes
    replied

Thanks for the review! (I know your post is older now).
    I am getting into the wood burning hobby and was torn as to whether or not I was going to keep going. Reason being the cheap burner I bought was just that, cheap!
    Found this review and decided to give it another shot. Picked one up locally at a Michael's (50% off) and gave it a whirl. This thing works great!

Leave a comment:

• Irish
    replied

Checking back over my notes ... I was ordering a huge batch of wood for my next book ... it looks like the Versa-Tool will be released the 1st of November in Michaels.

Chris, the gal helping me, mentioned the tool when I told her who I was. So maybe that's why I got mine early.

So Sorry for the confusion here.

Susan

Leave a comment:

Working...
X