need advice on razertip pens and tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need advice on razertip pens and tips

hi poeple. i just bought a razertip burner to burn some gourds.
    my questions are:
    1. which pen should i take : standard fixed? heavy duty fixed pen? or heavy duty interchangeble ?

2. i need to choose tips. i'm doing all sort of pyro. some detailed stuff and shading, on small and medium gourds. i need recomendations.

i would thank any help

yair

Re: need advice on razertip pens and tips

hey

i dont have a razortip.but i was planning on buying one next week.can you or anyone that got one let me know what you think of it
    thanks ron

Comment

yair & Ron: I have a Razortip SS-D10 with the switchable duel handpiece removable cords. The fixed-Tip 1L standard pen (skew) came with my Razortip... I have a small writing standard fixed tip pen and a medium spear shader pen which you need a heavy duty cord with this pen. I know there are more pens I'll want to add to my kit. I have to tell you the pen I use the most is the writing tip pen. I also ordered the Tip cleaner tool which will remove carbon buildup from the pen tips ($7.50).
      I didn't chose the standard interchangable because I didn't want to stop and change tips. I now have three cords two standard and one heavy duty and they work great. As for the heavy duty pens I was told they are mostly for schools where a lot of different types of handling would come into use.
      I love my Razortip and would recommend it highly, it has also three year warranty! The Razortip fixed tip pens have a one year unconditional warranty from the manufacturer. If you have a problem with the tip after the one year they will replace it for $5.00 including S&H.
      Kathy
      PS: I bought mine at www.caning.com also Nedra 'Pyrographer' sells the Razortip and the accessories check her profile for website address.

Comment

thanks kathy

i'm gonna pick one up next week can't waitStar Wars

Comment

'Big Smile'----Good for you I think you'll like it! Oh and don't forget to share what you create with your NEW Razortip.
          Kathy

Comment

will do kathyHappy

Comment

isnt it more affordable to buy the interchangeble pen and some tips, instead of fixed pens that cost 20$ each ?

Comment

I bought one fixed pen and one interchangeable and a dozen tips....it works well, then I started having a problem with the pen and sent it back to razortip, they fixed and soldered in the tip and sent me another interchangeable handle.....all I think for about 20.00...been a long time so don't remember exactly...
                "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Hi
                  I can highly recomend the razertip system, have been using it for three years now.
                  I have not tried the Razertip interchangable but if they are similuar to other brands i would go for fixed pens.
                  There are no hazle with changing tips and "where did i put that skrewdriver", just snap one out and plug in another.
                  I have one burner with interchangable and it is never going to be used again by me.
                  I am just waiting for my niece to grow up a tad more so she can get as an gift from me (her mother may object but who are lissening to kid sisters?).
                  Magne

Comment

yair, the only thing I can tell you is that I've heard the interchangable tips don't conduct heat as well nor last as long as the fixed tip pens.
                    Why not send Razortip an email with your questions I know they'd be helpful.
                    Kathy

Comment

I've asked Cam Merkle of Razortip to respond to your questions here.

Bob
                      Wood Carving Illustrated

Comment

Well I sell and use the Razertip and the answer to that question is the fixed tip pens are the ones you want. Interchangeable tips are intended primarily for intermittent burning. I have found that you get better heat distribution with fixed tip. I don't even sell the interchangeable tips.

While interchangeable tips may seem cheaper, the fixed tip are easier to use, change, have more even heat distribution and last longer. So, in the long run it's really worth the difference. I have used interchangeable before and would never use them again!

Also the bottom line is you really don't need that many pens to begin with. I use 3 and that's it and I not only burn all the time, but I teach so I am using them constantly.

We carry the most popular pen styles but can order any that they make. We sell our burners with the HD5MP which Cam made for me. It's a spear shader and that is the tip (pen) I use for 99% of my work.

I do have everything on our website and our prices are VERY competitive!

Nedra

Comment

Sorry Nedra...I didn't mean to step on your toes...I know you've been busy...

I hope I didn't upset you!

Bob

Comment

Hi Bob,

oh, not upset at all. My toes don't even hurt.

Your right I have been busy and haven't been here as much as I'd like but I am always available for questions.

Nedra

Comment

BTW Bob, I have had a lot of people on our Pyro internet groups ask when there is going to be a Pyro magazine....perhaps "Pyrography Illustrated"!!!!!Cheers

Nedra

Comment

Working...
                              X