X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: English Spaniel WIP

Originally posted by Kenny_S
    Irish, Nedra, Mottles,

All I can say is your three ladies are fantastic burners.
    Big, Big Smile-----Hi Kenny_S, thank you so much I'm very honored to be included with these two ladys. They both set the bar high and give me both the encouragment and will to strive to reach their level.
    Kathy

Comment

i second that one kenny,all that comes to mind is"WOW"

RON

Comment

Another Big, Big Smile Thanks so much Ron!
        Kathy

Comment

Hi All:

Finally got back to working on ‘Mandy’ I was able to continue work on her ears and neck area. Along with her collar, tags and tag rings. Still need to get back to shading on each side of her tongue doesn’t read right to me. The skin and fur in those area's tend to be very loose and with the collar the skin falls over. It's just a matter of rendering with fur direction and shading.
          It’s been interesting for me going from sepia burning to color while working on a oil painting. But in an odd way both have helped me with each other. Also I’m working on another gourd a present for my mother-in-laws dining room table. When I start the pineneedle weaving I'll have hubby take step by step images for all interested in my unprofessional technique. LOL
          As always I value your thoughts and comments.

Kathy

Comment

Just finished looking at "Mandy" it's terrific!! I was surprised when I saw the WIP as I'm about to put the finishing touches on "Pepper". He is similar to your "Mandy"...black and white markings, but only part spaniel and ???

My approach is pointillism..... a three quarter view of the head...tongue not showing. The collar with the round ID tag and birth and death dates are on it.

Jax
            WOOD IS WONDERFUL!

Comment

Big Smile Hi Jax: Thank you, Mandy's coloring would make for a wonderful painted portrait too. When I told my daughter of my plans she loved the idea of a woodburning. As she has so many of my paintings already I think the idea of some variety sound good to her. lol
              You mentioned your portrait is in pointillism what medium? I notice you are a carver have you carved a portrait of 'Pepper' great name by the way. Could we see your portrait when you get it finish?
              Kathy

Comment

Kathy,

This is the portrait of Pepper using the pointillism technique.....its on a 9x12 birch board.......I used a #2 spade tip.

Jax
                WOOD IS WONDERFUL!

Comment

Hi Jax, don't see any picture

Nedra

Comment

Hi Jax, sorry don't see the image did you use the 'Manage Attachments down near the bottom? Save your image as a jpg (good one) and 400 to 600 pixel. If your upload is successful your file extension will show in 'Manage Attachments'.
                    Let us know if you need further help.

Looks like this
                    Attach Files

Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip

Manage Attachments

Can't wait to see your woodburning!
                    Kathy

Comment

Great wood burning Kathy, if Colin was a sleep I must of been in hibernation, because todays the first time I seen it, great work , your son in law is going to love it.

Comment

Kathy

Thanks for the advise....hope this works.

Jax
                        WOOD IS WONDERFUL!

Comment

Hi Mel, thank you LOL glad you came out of hibernation! tee hee

Hi Jax, very, very nice your woodburning technique looks like it takes a very light pressure and or very low temp (beautiful eyes). I have a suggestion I wasn't sure when I ask to see your portrait what medium you were actually using. Now that I see it's woodburning why not start your own 'thread' here in this forum. That way more will see and respond to your portrait of Pepper. I don't want anyone to miss this sensative portrait. Great idea of adding both the birthdate and deathdate on the tag.
                          Kathy

Comment

Jax, I so agree with Kathy! That is a beautiful example of pointalism and deserves it's own thread. I would love to see a small WIP as I have not done any burnings in that style.

Susan
                            Lora

Art Designs Studio: https://www.artdesignsstudio.com/
                            LSIrish.com: https://www.lsirish.com/
                            CarvingPatterns.com: https://www.carvingpatterns.com/

Comment

Thanks, actually I meant it to sent in sepia, I'll start a thread as suggested

Jax
                              WOOD IS WONDERFUL!

Comment

Thumbs Up Great Jax, glad to see you did start that thread and what wonderful work in deed. Please continue to share, even a work in progress (WIP). As pointillism is a new burning technique to me a WIP would be very instructive. I know others would enjoy and learn from you.
                                Glad you join us,
                                Kathy

Comment

Working...
                                X