X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mottles
    replied
    Re: English Spaniel WIP

Deborah, thank you for your nice compliment and yes my son-in-law loved it. Brought tears to his eyes they were real pals--when Mandy saw the rifles or fishing gear come out she knew it was going to be a fun day.
    Kathy

Leave a comment:

• Callynne
    replied

Kathy, it turned out wonderful, what a great gift! I don't doubt it was the highlight of his Christmas and will be treasured always! Thanks for sharing Mandy with us! Deborah

Leave a comment:

• Mottles
    replied

Hi and Thanks Greg.......Already planning his Christmas present for next year. They have a Golden Retriever who's now almost three. I'm thinking another one same size, same composition and same type frame. They can be hung side by side in a nice arrangement.
    Hey Happy New Year,
    Kathy

Leave a comment:

• GeorgiaCarver
    replied

Glad to hear it! Well deserved, that was a beautiful pc of work. Sounds like you made their Christmas.

Greg

Leave a comment:

• Mottles
    replied

I'm back from California.....
    Thumbs Up Hooray! My son-in-law loved his 'Mandy' portrait. He was very touched and showed it to all on Christmas Day. LOL
    Thanks everyone for your comments and support while I was working on this portrait. It was truely a gift from the heart...my heart.
    Kathy

Leave a comment:

• Mottles
    replied

Hi Mel, thank you.
    My son-in-law and daughter loved Mandy (14 yrs. old) very much and when they had to put her down it broke their hearts. They now have a Golden Retreiver who has helped heal their loss a bit. As with all our pets we make them family and mourn for a long time--if not forever.
    Merry Christmas,
    Kathy

Leave a comment:

• MelNM
    replied

It came out real nice Kathy I bet he'll love it, if he feels the same way about his dog as I do mine, I know he will.

Leave a comment:

• Mottles
    replied

Hi Tony, thank you
    It's always a guess when you order online or from a catalog that artwork and frame will be compatable. I think by burning a border around the subject it really helped add depth.
    Merry Christmas,
    Kathy

Leave a comment:

• Anthony Filetti
    replied

Kathy,

Your frame choice was perfect. Gotta love the "depth" of the piece you created. A tribute to your fine work!

Leave a comment:

• Mottles
    replied

Smile Hi All:
    I was getting ready to wrap my son-in-laws 'Mandy' when I thought maybe you'd like to see how I framed it.
    I use an Online framing company called 'Graphik Dimensions Ltd.' and have for many years. In case your interested their online address is www.pictureframes.com
    The frame I chose was one of their Town & Country designs which is rustic barnwood. I thought it fit the subject nicely. Can't wait to see my son-in-laws face Christmas morning.
    Merry Christmas,
    Kathy

Leave a comment:

• Mottles
    replied

Originally posted by squbrigg
    Great job Kathy. He'll love the portrait I'm sure. You sure have an eye for detail. Well done.

Bob
    Hi Bob, thank you--I really feel he will like it too. Thumbs Up I have always felt that you really have an eye for detail more so than I.
    Kathy

Leave a comment:

• Mottles
    replied

Originally posted by MelNM
    Beautiful work Jax and Kathy
    Kathy thats going to be a great gift for your son-in-law.
    Mel
    Hi Mel, thank you it's such a relief to have it completed. The frame arrived late Wednesday another relief. After I get it framed I'll take another image and upload it. I order my frames from a catalog and it's always effy as to color. Lucked out I like it!
    Kathy

Leave a comment:

• squbrigg
    replied

Great job Kathy. He'll love the portrait I'm sure. You sure have an eye for detail. Well done.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• MelNM
    replied

Beautiful work Jax and Kathy
    Kathy thats going to be a great gift for your son-in-law.
    Mel

Leave a comment:

• Mottles
    replied

Hi Wade, thank you and that's a heck of an idea. Well, lets see Mandy does have a replacement. His name is Luke and he's a big beautiful golden retreiver. OK now how do I cue Luke to give Kent a big lick on the cheek just at the right time? hummm thinking.....
    Kathy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X