X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thor
    replied
    Re: Wood burning #1 Golden Eagle portrait

Really enjoyed seeing your work. Wonderful image. Hard to imagine that being your first!
    Thor

Leave a comment:

• Pyrographer
    replied

Jax, I have to agree with everyone else, great job....

Nedra

Leave a comment:

• jax
    replied

Thank you for your words of encouragement, hopefully the next one will be better.

Kathy...its a hard wood made up of four sections and about a 1/4" thick.....I picked up four of them at a flea market several months ago and haven't seen any more.

Jax

Leave a comment:

• Kenny_S
    replied

Real nice!

Leave a comment:

• Mottles
    replied

Thumbs Up, Oh Jax, thank you so much for sharing your golden eagle it's absolutely wonderful. Such sensativity wow I agree with gang excellent work and please continue to share your woodburning with us. Almost forgot a question I had in mind when I started this post. What kind of wood did you use?
    Can't wait to see your next one.
    Kathy

Leave a comment:

• squbrigg
    replied

Beautifully done Jax! It's a great feeling when you try something new and it turns out so well.....congratulations. Be careful though.....burning can be addictive! Smile

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Irish
    replied

Jax,

Beautiful work! You did a great job with the shadowing under his cheek and into the neck and breast areas to turn his head. There is so much dimension to him! And I love how you 'lost' the breast feathers by accenting only a few tips. That is a fantastic transition into the blank areas of your plate.
    Thanks for joining and sharing here.

Susan

Leave a comment:

• Hi_Ho_Sliver
    replied

you did a great job on that eagle!

Leave a comment:

• Colin-Partridge
    replied

Cant believe you guys that is sooooooooooooo good for a first attemptThumbs Up . Wow I am impressed. I have seen some first carvings and first burnings on this board and they all look like you have been carving and burning for years. Really nice job Jax you should be really proud of it.
    ColinThumbs Up

Leave a comment:

• jax
    started a topic Wood burning #1 Golden Eagle portrait

Wood burning #1 Golden Eagle portrait

This is the first wood burning I tried. I read an article in Chip Chats by Bob Boyer on pointillism wood burning with a elephant head shown.

When I read the Special Woodburning Issue in WCI and saw the wood burning examples in it I had to try it out !!

The portrait is on a wood plaque, 8"....the burning was done with a #2 spade... using only the tip of the spade...the heat setting was 50 and increased to 65 to darken.

Jax
Working...
X