Which pyrography system to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which pyrography system to buy?

I see pyrography as a really nice complement to carving and would like to jump in and develop my skills. What pyrography system is best? I really want to avoid buying tools that won't do the job. Are there some front runners out there? Thanks for any advice.

Dan C.

Re: Which pyrography system to buy?

Hey Dan,

I use a Razortip, the one with two plugs for pens, dial thermostat control, and I find it great.They seem to be the most popular these days. I have a bunch of pens, but end up using just two or three most of the time. Which two or three will really depend on what kind of burning you are doing. Feathers on a duck will require different pens than say, doing a scene on a flat piece of plywood.

Love using them, they can really help accent a carving well.

Bob
    Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Thanks Bob! Just the info I needed. I went to their web site (www.razertip.com) and looked around. Also printed out their catalog. Looks like a real nice system. Need to look through the catalog and sort things out.

Dan C.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan C
        Thanks Bob! Just the info I needed. I went to their web site (www.razertip.com) and looked around. Also printed out their catalog. Looks like a real nice system. Need to look through the catalog and sort things out.

Dan C.
        Hi Dan: A while back we had a good discussion on the Razortip in this thread
        http://www.woodcarvingillustrated.com/forum/t6772.html.
        I too have a Razortip and as it's the only one I've ever owned--I'd like to add I know there are other good units out there. But this one seemed like a good choice only time will tell for sure......but works great for me.
        Kathy

Comment

Kathy,

Thanks for the link back to the previous discussion. You're right, it was a good discussion. I printed it out for reference, and it has a lot of good information. Along with the catalog, I think I have what I need to make a purchase. This message board is great.
          Dan C.

Comment

Hi Dan, I am partial to Razertip and Burnmaster. I use (and sell) both. They are both excellent burners and have the longest warranties on the market. Razertip has a great variety of pens and can be used on both burners (Burnmaster does not make pens, but any brand can be used on it). Either burner would be a great choice. If you have any particular questions or need any other help feel free to contact me.
            Nedra

Comment

Big Smile Dan you are most welcome helping each other is a big part of what this WCI site is about in my opinion. Don't forget to share your pyrography projects with us. Or if you need help we are here for ya!
              Kathy

Comment

Dan, if you are really interested in learning pyrography there are several other "pyrography" only groups online that you can join. I have a group (link in my signature) and there is http://woodburner.com

These are specific to pyrography and people of all skill levels are participate. Everyone is very willing to help.

Nedra

Comment

Working...
                X