Show results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show results

My golden eagle won 1st place at Expert level and Best of Wood Working. You were all right, the judges said they could find absolutely nothing wrong with it, that it was perfect and it was the best burning they have ever seen. Well, I'm not sure that the latter part of that is an acurate statement but that's what they said and I'm not going to complain. I'm floating and I think that is a nice send off for my last show of the year and my upcoming surgery on Wednesday.

Needless to say, I'm thrilled and still floating. BTW, a couple of the judges were the same ones that raked me over the coals with my first entry at expert level earlier in the year!Matrix That was the reason I was so nervous, these guys/gals are really tough!Star Wars

Nedra

Re: Show results

Nedra congratulations, I checked out the Golden Eagle and he was absolutly brilliant, those judges were right, way to go lady!!! Cheers

Comment

Thumbs Up Oh Nedra a big CONGRATUATIONS! Course we knew all a long your eagle was a winner. I'm just thrilled we got to see it first. I know what you mean about judges but sounds like you got some good ones.
      Wonderful, wonderful job.
      Now while your recovering from your surgery you can be planning your next winning subject.
      Kathy

Comment

Well Done Nedra!!! Congratulations! Ice Cream An honour well deserved.

Bob
        Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

A BIG thank you to everyone.

Kathy, I'm not only planning, I already started my next one. I'd start sharing it here but I know that I won't have access to a puter for a while after tomorrow. I promise to share it when I finish.

Nedra

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrographer
            A BIG thank you to everyone.

Kathy, I'm not only planning, I already started my next one. I'd start sharing it here but I know that I won't have access to a puter for a while after tomorrow. I promise to share it when I finish.

Nedra
            OK Nedra we're going to hold you to that and will look forward to your next winner.
            Thumbs Up Speedy recovery.
            Kathy

Comment

Nedra congratulations one your win. I know that judging thing is funny I find woodcarving judges like ice skating judges thats why I dont enter any competitions.
              Colin
              Jim - The Doing is as much fun as the Viewing!
              Jackson, MS

Comment

Opps I posted too fast I forgot the last part. I think that all judging should be by peoples choice.
                Colin
                Jim - The Doing is as much fun as the Viewing!
                Jackson, MS

Comment

Colin,
                  I agree! I do an annual Wine and Art Auction for Mexico Beach, FL every year. To be involved you have to donate a piece of art to the Auction. The art is judged and then Auctioned off. The one that wins at judging never brings the price that others bring. The bidding tells "People's Choice", rather than the opinion of a few local politicians and maybe a self-proclaimed art expert. I told the organizers that after the event this year. Maybe if I bug them enough, they'll think it through and change.
                  Wade

Comment

Way to go Nedra, But then, seeing your Burnings up close, I had no doubts.

I think that when you have tough judges and you do win, it is just a sweeter win. However, I do believe judges need to be those that have done burnings or carvings or what have you. I do know that some local people who did not know anything about the subject where asked to be judges at one Show. However, I think it is a honorable posistion and would be hard to refuse.
                    Again, Congratulation on a well deserved honor.

Comment

Great job Nedra!!! Now tell us how it's done!! (LOL)
                      When I cut myself, I bleed sawdust!
                      Please view my carving website and blog site: http://3crosseswoodcarving.com
                      My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/3CrossesWoodcarving
                      My Email: [email protected]
                      My Face book Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/3Cros...g/267742984970

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/3CrWoodcarving
                      My Etsy Store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/garymcdaniel

Comment

Working...
                      X