Downy Woodpecker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downy Woodpecker

The burning, pointillism technique, is done on a bass plaque 4x10x1/2.

Jax
    WOOD IS WONDERFUL!

Re: Downy Woodpecker

Jax

That is really good. I never have ideas for Christmas but this year my wife asked and I told her I want a Razertip wood burning set.... You just solidified my decision!

Nice job.

Greg

Comment

I agree with Greg good job, Greg I asked my wife for the same thing, lets see if they remember
      Mel

Comment

Hi Jax: Beautiful, sensative work your pointillism is really nice. What did you use for the red area? A while back I bought some oil pencils to try out on wood and gourds. Haven't yet!
        Mel and Greg I have a Razortip with the duel plug in's I recommend you ask for that one. My favorite pen is the small writing tip and a close second is the spear shader. You'll get a skew pen with the unit, and I believe if you order from Nedra (Pyrographer) you'll get the spear shader.
        So before you make a final decision check with her. I bought mine though the Caning Shop and before I knew Nedra sold them too.
        We're got a good discussion on Razortips in this forum you might take a look.
        Kathy

Comment

thats a great looking woodburn.....the bird it terrific!
          "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Jax,

The structure of the downy is perfect but it's the flow of the bark texture that really captures my eye. Great job.

Susan
            Lora

Art Designs Studio: https://www.artdesignsstudio.com/
            LSIrish.com: https://www.lsirish.com/
            CarvingPatterns.com: https://www.carvingpatterns.com/

Comment

Jax I'll agree with Susan, the whole burn is excellent, but the development of the bark is outstanding. Kinda wierd what seems to make a piece stand out, sometimes!

Earlier this week I was sitting in the deer blind, with not a whole lot to do, and got to looking at the bark on the various trees in front of me. When you have lots of time, and NOTHING is happening, it's surprising what catches your attention. Anyway, I noticed that in addition to the individual species' bark patterns, there were myriad other features on each tree. Lichens, sap drippings, rain and snow accumulations, color and shade variations, woodpecker holes and the associated "sawdust", pine needles hanging in crevices on maple and oak trees.......well, you can see how boring it was, but at least there was something to divert my attention. Maybe that's why I never seem to get a deer......ya think?

Al

Comment

Al,
                Sounds like a day well spent!
                Wade

Comment

Thanks to all for the comments.

In reply.......hopefully Santa brings the wood burner to all, maybe leaving the order form on the table will help...the red spot on the head is made by pencil, the woodpecker is from a carving I made last month, in fact most of the burnings I've made so far are from my carvings....the design of the bark texture is from a dead tree I saw in the woods when looking for a fallen branch to use for a cane.

I found that "burning" is a challenge and is a good break from carving.

Jax.
                  WOOD IS WONDERFUL!

Comment

Bite your tongue! "A break from carving?" really now!!! LOLBouncing STalking

Comment

Hi Ho,
                      I can't believe the stuff you see on these forums anymore. Can you imagine having to take a break from carving? Sad
                      Garon

Comment

Matrix

Comment

Working...
                        X