X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lindy
    replied
    Re: Sea Serpent Treasure Chest

Hey there Colin, I actually didn't take it that way, I thought perhaps you had CorelDraw as well and had seen the dragon in the clipart. There really is a lot of good stuff in there for someone like to get ideas from. Now if only they had already created the pattern I have in my head to do a cougar head in cottonwood bark with a tree in the foreground and his feet showing through at the bottom I would be really happy. But alas to no avail - very big sigh - I guess I'm going to have to wing it on that one. I also read your post from August, I don't suppose you carved any dragons into those walking sticks as a momento? Talking

Kenny, I put almost gold coins in for him - you know those things they call pennies?

Leave a comment:

• Kenny_S
    replied

Great chest, Yep me thinks a 4 year old will love it for sure and the tells he will have about the Treasure Chest and the Gold coins, and Capt' whatever.

Leave a comment:

• Colin-Partridge
    replied

Lindy I didnt mean that I seen it before on Corel or in a book. You obviously havent heard the story of my cane hunting trip. If you are wondering it is on a post this August I did called "The Field Trip from Hell". If you read it you will know what I am talking about.
    Colin

Leave a comment:

• Lindy
    replied

Thanks everyone!

Hey Colin - the dragon is from CorelDraw9 - gotta love those graphic programs when you can't draw to save your life!

Leave a comment:

• Colin-Partridge
    replied

What a wonderful gift I can see where a little boy would just love to have that. Hmmmm seems that dragon is familier.LOL
    Colin

Leave a comment:

• Thor
    replied

That is terrific! The drops do look like water, not blood.
    What a cherrished treasure chest that will always be. Wonderful gift.
    Thor

Leave a comment:

• Mottles
    replied

Originally posted by Whatsthat
    Your nephew is going to really enjoy the treasure chest. You are comming up with really creative ideas for your work. Nice job. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

I have ordered a woodburner (Razertip) for myself for Christmas. Guess I will be figuring out how to do work like this real soon!
    Talking Hey Greg, I hope you enjoy your Razortip as much as I have mine. Please share any woodburning/pyrography work you create and if I/we can help just post to this forum.
    Kathy

Leave a comment:

• Mottles
    replied

Thumbs Up Hey Linda your nephew is going to just love his new dragon chest. It's so great you are sharing your work with us, we need more burners.
    Merry Christmas,
    Kathy

Leave a comment:

• GeorgiaCarver
    replied

Your nephew is going to really enjoy the treasure chest. You are comming up with really creative ideas for your work. Nice job. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

I have ordered a woodburner (Razertip) for myself for Christmas. Guess I will be figuring out how to do work like this real soon!

Leave a comment:

• squbrigg
    replied

Way too cool! He's going to love it! Quite an imagination do four year olds. When my granddaughter is here, you'd swear there was ten kids in the room, she keeps up a running monologue!

Bob

Leave a comment:

• AlArchie
    replied

Cool, Lindy! He'll love it, I'm sure. Can't have too many pirate treasure chests, now can ya?

Al

Leave a comment:

• Lindy
    started a topic Sea Serpent Treasure Chest

Sea Serpent Treasure Chest

Hi everyone,

Here's a small chest that I wood burned, painted and stained for my nephew for Christmas.

Those droplets falling from his mouth are not blood, (he's only 4), they're water with silver highlights which the camera didn't capture, I really need a better camera for these pictures *S*

Thanks for looking.
Working...
X