X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mottles
    replied
    Re: American Goldfinch WIP

Thanks Nedra I really appreciate your compliment.
    Kathy

Leave a comment:

• Pyrographer
    replied

It came out beautiful Kathy. The colors are very vibrant and I think appropriate considering the subject.
    Nedra

Leave a comment:

• Mottles
    replied

Bob, thank you I did push the color a bit as compared to the Dover color. I have this thing about color I seem to want to portray it more viberant.
    I think there are times that adding color to a woodburning is nice. Then there are other times I like the warm sepia tones. Guess it depends on the subject.

Mel, well after the buffalo this one was fast forsure. Now I can get back to relief carving.

Thanks guys,
    Kathy

Leave a comment:

• MelNM
    replied

Wow already on a new project, its looking good already
    MelCowboy

Leave a comment:

• squbrigg
    replied

Beeee-utiful job! Love the way the colour jumps out at ya and the effect the woodgrain has.....I guess I've been admiring woodburnings in just B/W (?) or grayscale (?) so long, I plumb forgot about colour.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Mottles
    replied

FINSH

Well, didn't think I'd finish this today but I did. I actually scanned the work about half-way though--so I could share that stage with you.
    Well, best layed plans--Head Bange somehow my scanned image didn't save to it's file. Sooo all I have is the beginning and finish.

Thanks everyone for looking and commenting.

Kathy

Leave a comment:

• Pyrographer
    replied

Hi Kathy, ah yes, we have actually lived all over the country during our many years working for the government. I lived in Albuquerque for over 4 years and I left my heart in New Mexico and while we have visited Arizona, I'm still stuck on NM. One of these days in the not too distant future we'll be back there permanently!
    Nedra

Leave a comment:

• Mottles
    replied

Nedra, I do remember you mentioning living in New Mexico at one time. I didn't realize Washington wasn't a permanent home. We thought about settling in New Mexico but Arizona won our hearts.

Bob, thank you colored pencils are very versatile and are fun to work with.

Kathy

Leave a comment:

• squbrigg
    replied

Ooooohhhh.....that's an interesting use of colour. Thinking of all the possibilities! Thanks Kathy, beautiful beginning. Looking forward to more.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Pyrographer
    replied

Hi Kathy, actually we just live here, it's not home. It's just a temporary stopping place on our way back to New MexicoMs Smile So, it's really not my state bird and while we have goldfinch outside our window every day feeding I haven't burned any. I do adore watching them though, they are so cute.

I look forward to seeing the progress of your burning. I don't use color very often but it's always nice to see how people incorporate color into their burnings.

I do remember that pattern in the Dover book. Nice pattern. Rhoddy's are definately the state flower. They are EVERYWHERE!!!
    Nedra

Leave a comment:

• Mottles
    replied

Kenny, thank you I sure hope so.

Brian, thank you it's nice to be able to add some color to a woodburning sometimes.

Gilly, thank you it is hard to part with things you make but if I didn't we'd have to rent a warehouse. LOL

Dave, thank you too.

Dylan, thank you

Nedra, LOL I forgot you lived in Washington State. You probably have burned your own state bird and flower beautifully.
    Thank you for your nice compliment.

I will add an update soon.
    Kathy

Leave a comment:

• Pyrographer
    replied

Gee Hi Kathy you didn't have to!!!! Talking

It's looking really good. Can't wait to see it when it's done.

Nedra (in WAshington State)

Leave a comment:

• Dylan
    replied

Beautiful.

Dylan

Leave a comment:

• Hi_Ho_Sliver
    replied

That really livens the woodburning up, great job!

Leave a comment:

• GILLY
    replied

Beautiful job! It's going to be hard to part with that one, but your friend will be very happy and proud to display it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X